Spring Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Cleaning

The first weekend of spring... who is doing spring cleaning?
    How about we inspire each other. What are you tackling? Any favorite cleaning tips? Encouraging words?

I've been a much better housekeeper since I quit drinking, so for the first time ever I'm looking forward to being inspired to keep cleaning, tidying, organizing, etc. I bought some fantastic microfiber cloths from FlyLady.com - they do make cleaning much easier and more enjoyable. I'm scrubbing the kitchen down with vinegar tomorrow.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Spring Cleaning

Oh Crap....is it that time of year again? I haven't tackled spring cleaning from last year....time to get going....THANKS for reminding me!!!

Comment

Spring Cleaning

The "Cozy coop" went down by the road with a "free" sign on it!!!!!!!!
      Hope some little guy enjoys it as much as my grandson did......Fourteen years ago.....Took about an hour for it to be picked up! I think I can do this!!!!!!!!!
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Spring Cleaning

I think this is the only time I'm pleased that we don't get seasons in Singapore! I just described my house over on the ODAT thread as

'Slightly jumble Sale with a constant hint of dog hair'

But yes, I'm definitely more efficient since doing my AF time. I basically move more, and have started to declutter.

Cleaning/keeping house for me is associated with my 'MOM' issues - she just didn't keep house/clean etc. but that's an issue for my therapist

Bx
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Spring Cleaning

I think we all have too much STUFF! I find that I spend lots of energy trying to get rid of it. As I look around, especially in the garage, I haven't been too successful. So I am going to begin with tackeling a closet with no more room. I know one shelf is full of video tapes, CD's DVD's. One shelf is full of craft crap like crayons, colored (now faded) construction paper, pieces of gift wrapping with pieces of ribbons. One shelf is full of cookbooks and I never open. I go on-line when I want to find out how to cook a pot roast. Gotta get rid of stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

Spring Cleaning

hula...i agree...i hate stuff. i moved from california to south dakota 10 years ago with my daughter in a sling, a backpack of stuff and one pair of shoes...now i own a house full of my husband's stuff and some of mine sprinkled in!!!

i wish he would let me throw out/ give away half of it at least!

i just clean for 15 minutes a day and that pretty much keeps my house in suprise company condition...i do have a cool little vacuum made especially for dog hair...works like a charm!

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Hi guy's. I'm about to do a big house clean too. Any tips on some enviro friendly, kick butt detergents? MOW, you mentioned vinegar. Also, what's a good 'green', natural product to use on floorboards? And won't kitchen smell of vinegar after cleaning with it, or do you just open windows, and air the place out for a couple of hours? I'm getting inspired after reading only a few posts. Good thread idea MOW!...........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Soda crystals are great to clean with, just mix with water and they remove all sorts...
                With vinegar, mix with water, I use white vinegar and it doesnt really leave a smell.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Hi G.

I use a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil plus a couple of drops of lemon oil in a spray to do my kitchen surfaces the ants aren't supposed to like it. I also put a couple of drops of eucalyptus in the fabric softener drawer ofthe washing machine - leaves it and the wash tingly fresh! Learned this from an Aussie mate. Other than that I have nothing to offer as I am slightly slovenly after all.......
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Hey MWO! Happy to see that the Flylady is still floating your boat!

Comment

Spring Cleaning

I think my husband and I are just messy people. There is no hope for us. Piles of books and papers all over the place. I'll probably do spring cleaning in July when I am done teaching college classes. Right now, I am swamped. My strategy is to not let anyone past my living room and kitchen. Those I can keep somewhat clean. I'm sorry. I'm hopeless.
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning Motivator. Find a charitable group in your area that is advertising for yard sale items. Lots of them have volunteers who will come and pick up your used items. This is the time of year for this, and because they have a deadline when the items are needed it can get a person (i.e., me) up and sorting.
                        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Bluey, it was you! I was trying to remember who hooked me up with FlyLady...
                          FlyLady helps those who live in CHAOS - Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. And that was definitely me. The online program helps you to understand how to break household chores into chunks, to work in 15 minute increments, and encourages you to not beat yourself up. I haven't followed it entirely, but it has been inspiring.

Look online for homemade cleaners - there is a ton of info. Most using vinegar, baking soda, borax, salt. And using essential oils.

Lushy is going to fall out of her chair to see that I've started a thread on spring cleaning. About a year ago she came over to help me organize and declutter, and she knows what a challenge keeping a house is for me. No... make that WAS for me!!
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Spring Cleaning

I'll wait until pollen's yellow blizzard is over. I won't even open my windows and it STILL covers everything! I just discovered swifter dusters.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Spring Cleaning

Geez, I hate those swifter duster ads.... but then it's me who's been watching way too much TV. I've been sitting on piles of crap for months...we have to haul everything ourselves up here in the woods. I tried to donate a load of books but had to promise to take back all the unclaimed ones. My whole car is again loaded up with books to haul somewhere else. I did start Spring Cleaning 2 days ago by telling DH that I wantto divorce. This is a major step for me. Let's see if I can divorce Al too!! xxx g.

Comment

Working...
                              X