How do you tame a weedeater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crimony! Started out in prescription sunglasses and flipflops. WRONG!!! Army boots and full protective headgear is more like it. Get too close to the weed and it'll throw me into a cartwheel and dig a trench big enough for my car at the same time. I think the neighbors' children are not allowed outside if I am spotted in my yard with an electric cord. :H Honestly, what is the secret? My edges look like free-form art. I am right handed and I work the edge (so-to-speak) from left to right.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

I thought the thread title was the opening line for a joke!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

If you could see my yard, it IS!
      sigpic

Comment

Greenie,
        I gave mine away because it was so messy. Also, it cut off plants I had wanted to keep, the string did not come out the way it should, etc. etc. Not a friendly yard tool.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

don't ask me, one of ours started on fire while i was eating weeds...i'm going to get an old fashioned scythe.

Comment

Greenie--try swinging it gently back and forth. It just takes a little practice, and yes, rubber suit and eye protection!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Greenie, you still got all those smiley toes? .......... attached?
              Weed eaters, 3 wheelers and snow mobiles should all be banned from this planet. Oh, and also jet skis and leaf blowers.

Comment

Sorry, Greenie, I can't help you. That's what Hubs is for. If I learn how to use a weedeater and change a tire, he's out of a job! LMAO
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

:HI thought you were talking about me

weeds haven't even sprouted up here in the arctic circle!
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Greenie's toes are in shoes AND socks!

LTV, the weeds are thick chunky things and a bit of a tilt is required. The divots will fill in quick enough but what about edging? OMG!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Greenie, years ago (early 80's) when Hubs started with the power co. they had to do landscaping. His best friend worked with him, and was accident prone. They wore the weedeaters strapped to them, and wore hardhats and goggles. He was trimming next to a chain link fence when the weedeater cord got tangled in the fence wire AND a yellow jacket nest at the same time. He was strapped to the weedeater which was hopelessly hung to the fence and the wasps were swarming all inside his hardhat and jacket, and he couldn't get loose. I still laugh when I think about him battling bees and mechanical beast!
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Greenie, I say dress up and go find a boyfriend!!!! LMAO I have HORROR stories to tell when I first started doing the yard. I put the battery in the riding mower wrong...connected it backwards...guy ask me, didn't it spark...I said..YEAH, it isnt suppose to? He said...UH NO...you're lucky it didnt blow up in your face!!!! SO, I pushed mowed 4 acres for a year and a half...man I lost a lot of weight but...DAMN!
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Greenie
                          I feel for you!!! I will send my teenagers/young adults your way. Lately they tell me yardwork is the only reason I had them. LOL

Comment

Maybe you need something a little more heavy-duty?? And for safety sake--maybe you should follow Brit's advice!
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I've mowed a lot of yards in my life, but I don't do weed eaters. The worst thing in the yard I ever did was chop up bamboo. I hate bamboo, the stuff sends it's roots thru cement and it's a bear to get rid of. I too think getting a man is easier. And Joe likes that stuff even. I'd send him over but I have to get him to work INSIDE the house first. My kitchen walls were stripped of their cupboards and the new ones are smaller and the wallpaper is torn. It looks like sh*t. But Joe loves working OUTSIDE. Men!~

Comment

Working...
                              X