Hello my long lost dear MYO friends.. it's me MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back MM! Yes, it can be done. I am living proof. AF from 1987 - 1992. Thought I could do it - NOT! Really got ahold of me big time the last year - year and a half that I drank. Been AF 351 days today! As you know, the quality of an AF life, compared to drinking and all that goes with it - is unbelievable! Still have to pinch myself. And I hope I never forget how miserable of an existance I lead - which effected every part of my life negatively, including and especially those I love. If I can do it, you certainly can, too! Hugs, Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thank you, seacailin, best, rustop & fickle! It is great to see you again. I am very, very happy to be back.

seacailin - OMG, drinking and dating soooo do not mix for me. I pretty much blew it every time I went on a date. Now, I must say that all my dates thus far have been drinkers, so it was a tit-for-tat drinking night, but how sloppy is that! I started to realize how worried I was to go on dates because of my drinking. It was then I really knew that this combo was not going to work. I have one guy that has been on the scene for about a year - I seem to really like this guy, but it is a LDR, at least for now. He does not drink and he is the only one I have dated more than once. In fact we fly to see each other about once a month. OK, I GET IT!! (saying this as I scream upwardly!!). As far as your kids, how old are they? Kids are so resilient, especially if you are honest with them, but you have to be ready to back up what you say or they will turn.. know what I mean? Good luck, girl. Stay in touch and never, ever, ever give up. Your kids are number one.. good advise for me, too..

xoxoxo

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thanks for the PM MM
        Yeah, I am supposed to go on a date tonight, but will probably cancel. I don't wish myself upon anyone.lol.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

My kids are in their 20's. The angriest one is the youngest; my daughter. I understand that my alcohol problem totally freaked my kids out because they didn't know about it until I relapsed after 10 years. It's funny though; the only one willing to stand by me is my 22 year old son. He almost died at birth and was very sick for many years of his life. Of course, I was with him through everything and I just cried last night when he said Mom, I will do anything to help you.

Comment

Sea-

I am supposed to go on a date this weekend.. to a party.. Ahhh, I will be cancelling that one! I have actually made a resolution that I will not be attending parties or going on any dates for the first 30 days of my sobriety. i know the drill.. I know that it is just too hard and why make it any harder. The world is not going to whither up and die in a month - and if it did it wouldn't mattter if I missed a party or a date, right?!

Have you quit drinking, or are you still trying to quit. It is hard for the kids until you can show them for a while. How long have you been drinking again, and when did you get divorced?

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I am struggling with the drinking. I go like a month and don't drink, then I drink for a couple of days, then I stop again. I have "issues other than alcohol" Bipolar and I know that I am not on the right meds. Long story, I would rather not post on an open forum, but I will PM you.

Comment

Working...
              X