Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News, Finally!

Day 5 AF!

Longest in a really long time. I was going through w/d so badly last week I had to see a Dr.

After much couseling, and after the doc made a phone call to my fiance, we decided to do an outpatient detox, with librium. The fiance was responsible for giving me the meds and monitoring me for 4 whole days. I was in agony. He stood by me, and did everything he possibly could. By the end of day 4 I laughed at something, and he looked at me with a tear in his eye and said, "there's the girl I fell in love with.":lilheart::lilheart::lilheart::lilheart::lil heart::

I am lucky to have someone who would stick with me me through that, and I know I have someone who loves me unconditionally, which feels really nice considering how I felt on AL. I feel better today, not great. I don't imagine I will feel great for a while.

The craving is still there, but the look I get from him when he's proud of me is better than being wasted.:lilheart:
    sigpic

Good News, Finally!

That is so wonderful. You will feel better each passing AF day!!!!!! Stay strong...
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Wonderful news, D2E!!! So glad you got med care, WD can be dangerous. Never forget what you went thru, so you'll never have to go thru it again. It's great you have someone taking care of you who loves you like that, we're both lucky that way. Keep us informed with your progress. :goodjob::happy:
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Believe me, it that feeling will not leave my mind for a VERY, VERY long time. I seriously thought I was going to pull all of my hair out. I journaled like a mad woman, and wrote about 20 pages of all the feelings (both emotional and physical) I was going through. I was living a nightmare!

Every sound made my head hurt every sensation made my skin ache. Every liquid I put in my body got thrown up. And food?!? Forget it!

It's not worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

Good News, Finally!

The journal may be a great inspiration if your tempted to pick up another bottle!! Glad you're feeling better.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good News, Finally!

(((Down2)))

I'm with ya girlfriend. I'm on day 2 AF and I was sick yesterday, didn't go to work. Other than a little panicky feelings and some nitemares last nite, I seem to be doing okay. I did go thru detox once medically but I didn't have such severe w/d that it wasn't deemed necessary for me.

I'm glad you have such a supportive guy. My guy's going thru AF himself and for some reason he is eating everything in site. Me, I just ate enuf yesterday to have something in my stomach when taking my meds. But Joe did jerk an awful lot in his dreams and had a rough time going to sleep in general.

We can do this!:l

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Well done! And it is so wonderful that you have such a great support system!

Comment

Good News, Finally!

hart, that's funny...I just got my appetite back, and have been eating a ton. I figure, I'll give it a few days to indugle. (Better to indulge in nutrious food v. toxic AL.) My fiance tells me I sleep walk now. (Whick I never did before) I guess I walk to the front door and stand there for a few minutes, and then I lay right back down...weird huh?!?

I am not currently taking any meds, an occasional Kudzu dose, but that's it.

My guy is also trying to go AF. Right now he keeps it away from me, and he is going up to the mountains this weekend. He has made a promise that upon the return from the Mountains, we'll start this journey together.

Thanks for sharing.
                sigpic

Comment

Good News, Finally!

:goodjob: Down 2. That's wonderful that you have such a great guy, that's so supportive. Keep up the good work. It'll keep getting better.:h
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Good News, Finally!

:l to you! I am so happy for you. Geesh, don't worry about the food consumption! Like you said it is much better than the alcohol consumption. Keep us posted as to how you are getting along. xoxo

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Tonight me and the Mr. have a date to ride our bikes to the market and pick up something wonderful to make for dinner. Normally, at this point in my day I would be thinking, is he going to run to the liquor store or am I? I didn't even think of the liquor store until just now...hmmm. That's a good sign.

Well all, by tomorrow, I will be on day 6. Almost 1 week without it. I am feeling more and more hopeful each day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Good Job xxx
                        We are all so glad to hear the true happiness in your post... What a wonderful fella you have.. That in itself will help you on the journey.
                        All the best !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Good News, Finally!

That is a fabulous post - very heart warming! Good luck to you...

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Everything sounds just great right now, and I am really happy for you. I just want to add a cautionary note. Do try to have a plan in place for when your dear man is gone. Try to spend time with non-drinking friends or have activities to keep you busy while he is gone. Even if you sleep the whole time, it is better than drinking. :-)
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Good News, Finally!

Awesome post, you sound so strong ...
                              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                              Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                              Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                              AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                              Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X