X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT DAY THREAD WEDNESDAY 25th MARCH

Woo Woo,
    I'm the thread starter to-day!!!
    Sorry I didn't get back to yesterday's thread to read the lantana lovers reports... I got caught up playing Max Blaster.
    Lantana is a pest weed in Australia, and I'm a Bush Regenerator (2 year TAFE course... loved it).
    Lantana at my place and on the adjoining property is about 12 foot high, very thick, about 100 feet wide and extends for about 100 m etres. (How do you like the mix of imperial and metric) Whilst it is a haven for birds (bower birds, new holland honey eaters, firetails, wrens etc) I need to get it under control, as it is reallly encroaching on my place, and overtaking saplings I planted a couple of years ago... native hibiscus, Illawarra Flame trees, Syzygium, Omalanthus etc.. I leave plenty for bird habitat, as they nest in it, and the Tacoma.
    Once it's cleared I start on the damned privet... small and broad leaved. That will be a cut and paste job with Roundup. I'm going to be busy the next few months!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day! Catch you later on.

Where are you all? This has been up since 8:30 and no responses. I'm feeling lonely and neglected.

Comment

That's cuz it's still the 24th... hahahaha! Poor Rags.. :l
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Bugger!

Comment

Hi Rags et al

I love the idea of the TAFE course you did; I'd love to learn more about natives. We've got a huge lantana too, but it's controlled and not too invasive and the birds love it, so I don't want to remove it.

Just a quickie - heading out for the rest of the day.

BTW Tawny are you in hiding so we start a WTFRU thread? :-)

Comment

LOL!!
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

No MM, I can vouch for Rags' sanity as I'm in tomorrow too!

Comment

Oh, alrighty then... Good, cuz then I'm on day two..

Comment

I like your logic!!

Comment

Oooh, I'm looking at my Lantana in a whole different light. Thanks Rags! I've managed to kill my passion fruit though, so I suspect it won't be far behind.

Hi Blondie and MM.

Another peaceful morning as kids still on hols.

Catch up later

Bx
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hmmm, yeah, where is Tawny to-day?

Comment

Hi all, I went to the dentist today for the first time in about 3 or so years, I am tottally petrafide of them, just the smell of the dentist makes me want to throw up, it turns out that I have got a gum problem so i am having to go back and get my teeth deep cleansed each week. yum yum
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

I'm here. I'm here.

Haven't checked into this thread since coming back from Melbourne where I had a lovely time eating tasty morsels and going for long walks. Living in land-locked Central Vic., it's always a pleasure to walk along piers and wharves and Williamstown is such a pretty place.

Traded 5 hours labour yesterday. Picked grapes for some friends (7.30am - 12.30pm) and they repaid me with a splendid al fresco lunch, a box of home-grown veggies, free-range eggs AND a case of wine from previous vintages. The barter system is alive and well! (Now I'll probably be in trouble for mentioning AL but I don't think this a 'strictly AF' thread. Let me know if it is and I'll adjust my manners accordingly.)

Comment

I think you're safe Tawny... just don't drink it all at once! Hi everyone!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Oooh Tawny,
                              Sounds like you had a great time. I emailed Berowra Waters Inn this morning to see if Mr Rags and I can get in there for dinner on Friday. I promise to take careful notes and photographs this time. And I'll be drinking bubbly.
                              Ronnie, Geez, why wait 3 years? If you'd gone sooner the gum problem may have been no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X