FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

It seems so many here have recently lost their beloved 4-legged best friends I thought I'd post this poem my Vet sent me when my Willow died. Maybe those of us with AL problems have an even deeper attachment to them because sometimes, they are the only ones who look at us without judgement, only love.

BY THE EDGE OF A WOOD, AT THE FOOT OF A HILL, IS A LUSH, GREEN MEADOW WHERE TIME STANDS STILL.
    WHERE THE FRIENDS OF MAN AND WOMAN DO RUN, WHEN THEIR TIME ON EARTH IS OVER AND DONE.
    FOR HERE, BETWEEN THIS WORLD AND THE NEXT, IS A PLACE WHERE EACH BELOVED CREATURE FINDS REST.
    ON THIS GOLDEN LAND, THEY WAIT AND THEY PLAY, TILL THE RAINBOW BRIDGE THEY CROSS OVER ONE DAY.
    NO MORE DO THEY SUFFER, NO PAIN OR NO SADNESS, FOR HERE THEY ARE WHOLE, THEIR LIVES FILLED WITH GLADNESS.
    THEIR LIMBS ARE RESTORED, THEIR HEALTH RENEWED, THEIR BODIES HAVE HEALED, WITH STRENGTH INBUED.
    THEY ROMP THROUGH THE GRASS, WITHOUT EVEN A CARE, UNTIL ONE DAY THEY START, AND SNIFF AT THE AIR.
    ALL EARS PRICK FORWARD, EYES DART FRONT AND BACK, THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN, ONE BREAKS FROM THE PACK.
    FOR JUST AT THAT INSTANT, THEIR EYES HAVE MET; TOGETHER AGAIN, BOTH PERSON AND PET.
    SO THEY RUN TO EACH OTHER, THESE FRIENDS FROM LONG PAST, THE TIME OF THEIR PARTING IS OVER AT LAST.
    THE SADNESS THEY FELT WHILE THEY WERE APART HAS TURNED INTO JOY ONCE MORE IN EACH HEART.
    THEY EMBRACE WITH A LOVE THAT WILL LAST FOREVER, AND THEN, SIDE-BY-SIDE, THEY CROSS OVER....TOGETHER.:l

Inspired by a Norse Legend
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Ruby,

I cannot respond to that poem appropriately.

I have always loved my pets and pray that someday I will be with them again.

Oh, they loved me, too. I hope I was "good enough."

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Thank you, Ruby. Rainbow Bridge IS a beautiful poem.:h

In Memory of our "Bear" dog.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Thanks, LVT! I forgot to include the title of the poem! :thanks:
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Kay, tears welling up in my eyes:upset: I miss my Golden who went to heaven last August. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she were still here.

Of course that would only be minus her cancer. Someday we will be together again.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem.

R2C
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
          :h

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Yep, I miss my guy

Yes, I agree that we might miss our friends more deeply because of the non-judgmental aspect of critters. My Chesapeake, now dead 3 and a half years, was and is my baby. The only problem with loving animals is that they just don't live long enough.

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

Gosh Ruby,

You really should hand out tissues and mascara with that! Our big fat Buzz kitty (aka Lumpy) died of congestive heart failure last week. I miss him so much.

Comment

FOR ALL OUR LOST PETS

I hope everyone will post here about their own lost friends. I lost 1 2 1/2 yrs ago who was the dog of a lifetime. He truly looked like a bear (1/2 Newfoundland/1/2 Rottie), a gentle giant, who saved one of g'daughters life TWICE. Use this thread to tell everyone about your special friends.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X