anyone pregnant after becoming sober?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is 14 and from the time she was born when I was 19 both hubby and I agreed that we didn't want another one. It's funny now that I have my life back in control I have been having "thoughts" of having another child. But NO I don't think I will cause I love my sleep too much LOL.
    What ever you do decide Peace I think it's just wonderful that you are in a position to make that decision yourself.
    I imagine your daughter would love a little brother or sister?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

hi peace,48 and 30 something,people have had them later in life,peace you no in your heart what you want to do,did your 1st one stop you from drink,husband or even your family,i think if i new what i new now,i still would of had the 4 kids,they all came out healthy,so far,as far as the drink or classification of drink or drug,in my heart even as low as i got,it was a personal decision on my part and my wife s ,im a guy,go girl go,you only live once gyco

Comment

Peacenik,

My daughter got pregnant after she sobered it. If she had not sobered up, she could not have gotten pregnant, she was so sick from the alcohol.

Today she is a lovely, happy pregnant woman due in May.

She knows that once she has the baby, she must stay sober and she is a little afraid because it has been so easy to stay AF while pregnant.

I hope you make the choice that is right for your lives and if it means a new one, all of us here will be excited for you.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

i don't drink at all, and haven't for almost 3 months...i will never drink again, especially not during pregnancy.

thanks all for your 2 cents

peace!

dee, the sleep thing is the one thing that scares me! the older i get, the more i need!!!

Comment

no.. but I got pregnant from NOT being sober...:H

Good luck with your decision, darlin'!

xoxox

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Peace if you want to know how I feel about this I will tell you the truth and nothing but the Truth.
              When I first saw your picture I wondered where the baby was...that's the truth.
              In my eyes there was something in your picture that was missing that seemed to NEED to be there...
              That's my 2 cents.....
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hey!
                The night before i found out i was pregnant, i had drunk a whole bottle of wine to myself and had a drinking problem. it was the last time i drunk untill my baby girl was a 2 months old. That one slip threw me back into the AL problems.
                Good luck! Try cut down on drinking incase you do fall. Don't use it as a way to stop drinking.
                i'm sober now and about to start ivf. i'm only 25, hubby 24 but we've been trying for 16 months. i hope everything works out well for you and please, truust me, DON'T pick up that drink once baby is born, no matter how tired, stressed, upset ect ect it only takes one sip to put you back where you started and missing months and being a drunk when you have a small baby to look after will haunt you for life, i know, i was just that.
                Good luck

Comment

i don't drink, but thanks for the advice!

Comment

evie i don't know if i should thank you or cry...
                    maybe both!

peace!

Comment

Evie is never wrong either I dont think....
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

if you are curious, there is a picture of me and my "baby" in my profile...

Comment

meditation mama;580288 wrote: no.. but I got pregnant from NOT being sober...:H

Good luck with your decision, darlin'!

xoxox

MM
                          Yep, that's me as well..twice...:H
                          Two gorgeous little boys to show for it!!

Comment

peacenik;580424 wrote:

if you are curious, there is a picture of me and my "baby" in my profile...
                            Both beautiful!!!!
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

thanks dee...i put baby in quotes because she will be 11 in a month!

Comment

Working...
                              X