The Next Day Thread Thurs 26 March 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. I haven't caught up on yesterday's thread yet. Was busy all day.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

I saved the life of a starfish yesterday. I was walking the dogs along the beach when I noticed this HUGE (biggest I have ever seen) starfish trying to make it's way back into the water. There are many starfish along the shore at this time of year, all doing the same thing.

I ran back to the car to get my camera to record this magnificent creature and when I got back it was gone. I was so disappointed. Not only that my photographic opportunity had disappeared, but that it looked like the starfish had met with foul play.

I noticed an old gentleman fossicking amongst shells a little further up the beach. Something told me to go and have a look at him. Sure enough, in his hand was the starfish.

I startled him a little, but ordered him to go and put the starfish back into the water. I told him it was still alive. I don't think he believed me, but did as I bid anyway. Unfortunately, in his clumsiness and reluctance to replace the creature back into the water, he broke one of it's legs. Clean off!

He still didn't believe me that it was alive until I convinced him that it was actually moving, not the very still sea making it move. It recovered fortunately, minus a leg, to swim away. I then lectured the gentleman on how to identify a LIVE starfish. He did keep repeating after that, that he should have just left it alone. Hopefully he will not pick another one up for his collection of "shells".
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Morning Pan and all to come, at work today so can't stay and chat. Hope everyone is well.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

Starfish man probably didn't mean to harm it, just ignorance.
        Same as people feeding stranded baby joeys milk, and accidentally killing them.
        Off to do shopping now to make up meals for the weekend sailing, then going to a new Vietnamese Restaurant tonight with some friends (no drinkies for me though), then off Friday morning to Pittwater (sort of) for a couple of days on the trailer sailer. So won't catch up with you till Monday. Have a great weekend! Boy, is this a lucky country or wot!! (Drought, fire and Qld floods excepted)

Comment

panicked;580018 wrote: I saved the life of a starfish yesterday. I was walking the dogs along the beach when I noticed this HUGE (biggest I have ever seen) starfish trying to make it's way back into the water. There are many starfish along the shore at this time of year, all doing the same thing.

I ran back to the car to get my camera to record this magnificent creature and when I got back it was gone. I was so disappointed. Not only that my photographic opportunity had disappeared, but that it looked like the starfish had met with foul play.

I noticed an old gentleman fossicking amongst shells a little further up the beach. Something told me to go and have a look at him. Sure enough, in his hand was the starfish.

I startled him a little, but ordered him to go and put the starfish back into the water. I told him it was still alive. I don't think he believed me, but did as I bid anyway. Unfortunately, in his clumsiness and reluctance to replace the creature back into the water, he broke one of it's legs. Clean off!

He still didn't believe me that it was alive until I convinced him that it was actually moving, not the very still sea making it move. It recovered fortunately, minus a leg, to swim away. I then lectured the gentleman on how to identify a LIVE starfish. He did keep repeating after that, that he should have just left it alone. Hopefully he will not pick another one up for his collection of "shells".
          Good for you, Pan!!! Had it been me, the papers next day would prob have read 'Crazy Woman Beaten to Death With a Walking Cane By An Elderly Gentleman'. LOL
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Morning all,

Where's Angel?

Had really strong AL cravings last night. Threw me a bit, but resisted. Am still having the mod/AF debate with myself.

Husband has taken a days Holiday today so will probably take the JRussel to the Botanic Gardens with us,have a walk and then lunch. Can't take all 3 dogs with us as causes too much fuss and JR is getting fat.

Have a good day all

Bx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Rags, I know he didn't mean it.

Betts,

Good on you for not caving. I know how you feel. I'm still deciding whether to mod or not. I had really strong cravings on the weekend, but did not give in. I have friends who own a bar and I really wanted to drop in and see them, but dared not.

I've got 50 days now AF and would really like to say I have done 60, so I probably will and then decide it will be okay to have a drink if I really want to. See how I go from there.
              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
              AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

And yes, where is Angel? Angel???????
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Hey Pan well done on 50 days! That's an awsome effort!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks Esk, but I only said that in passing. I'm aiming for 60.
                    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Yeah I know - I still think it's a worth a well done! And I am sure you'll do 60 without any worries at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X