Zen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen??

So - Now that I'm making this new life - and enjoying the CDs I'm thinking of taking it a little farther and doing some meditation. I've never been able to sit still that long but now I think I could and it seems appealing to me to try. Has anyone done meditation? Do yo use CDs? if so can you recommend some for me to try? Do you go to local classes? Let me know.
    Thanks!
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Zen??

Hi Trish~

One of the best forms of meditation that I have found is doing yoga. It is such a good excercise, too. It takes a little while to really feel like you have the hang of it, but definately spritually rewarding. I used to go to a class, but with little ones at home now, I just pop in a dvd during naptime, and work in 20 minutes when I can.

Hope your having a great week!
    Mtnmama

Comment

Zen??

Hi Trish,

I agree with Mtnmama re the yoga - have you also considered Tai Chi? I did a course years ago and now I can't walk pass a class in progress without stopping and watching. The classes are usually held outdoors and to watch people going through those beautiful fluid movements is a relaxant in itself.

Tawny

Comment

Zen??

Hi Trish - I went to yoga class once a week, and it was REALLY relaxing... You bend your body ( not extensively ) and then have a lovely 20 mins of relaxation - rather similar to the hypno CD's... But instead of being on an escalator, you are on a lovely beach - actually, that comes into play on the CD's - later on. Very soothing.
        So yes, yoga is very therapeutic, but I will research some media so that you and I can meditate at home xxx
        Bambs
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Zen??

Trish, I have some high-end scientific meditation tapes which I picked up from Zygon. They are really ahead of their time and force your brain to syncronize to the correct brain wave patterns for meditation using sound. This is the descriptive link if you are interested...I'm still on the first tape because I don't regiment myself all of the time so I haven't done the full 30 with the first cd yet.

http://www.meditation-training.com/m...system.html#UM

Comment

Zen??

Thanks for the Replies!

Bambs - Great! I'd love to have a "partner in crime" so on with the research and let me know what you find out. CV1 - I'm going to check out that link in a little while - as soon as I've gotten caught up on all the boards. Tawny - I agree with you - here in the States we have some commercial on the telly - I've forgotten the product it advertises, but it shows a group of people doing Tai Chi - that's something else I'd like to check into - it looks so relaxing and graceful. Hope everyone got through Monday OK!
            Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
            Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
            Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
            : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
            "

Comment

Zen??

Hey Trish...

You now are Ginger.. and that is that.
              so yes, I shall research and will let you know chick... Bonnie n Clyde hee hee xxxxxx
              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Working...
              X