Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tonight

hi all,
    decided to drink last night and had 6 drinks after being sober all week. why when i drink do i feel like i am not that drunk and now this morning am so tired and hungover. oh, i know, because if i had my choice i would have drank until i was falling over and blacking out...would i have 'felt' drunk enough then? probably not.

anyway, tonight, out at a huge social function i plan on drinking diet coke only. i really have enjoyed being clear headed in the morning all this week so far.

i put all i can remember drinking this month in the drink tracker just now. i was like, wow, i really do drink often. i said i was gonna start my new diet this week which included no alcohol...worked okay till yesterday....starting again tonight i guess. i have been taking protien supps and b vitamins all week but really just feel very tired and worn out around 2-3 in the afternoon.

i was thinking last night that i think maybe normal drinkers don't have any drinks during the week and maybe two on a weekend night. i would like that to be my ultimate goal. why is that so hard to do.

hope you all have a good friday night and weekend!

Dove

tonight

It is so hard because we are alcoholic Dove. We have a mental obsession and a phisycal alergy to acohol. We are not like other people. Once we take that first drink, the physical craving kicks in and we can rarely stop. It is our disease. In my experience only, there is no cure if you are an alcoholic. Heavy drinker, maybe, but if you are alcoholic, long term abstinence is my only option.
    All the best for the weekend Dove.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

tonight

Dove,

Good for you for catching yourself and being aware of how you feel! For me, that's been the biggest new habits to develop. If you're like me, the more AF days you have, the more you'll want and that's what you'll remember after time.

Take care, diet Coke rocks!
      Be
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

tonight

Hi Dove . . .

I like what both Cymru and Becoming Me just said . . .

The tracker is a good idea as well. Abstinence is even better. I love diet Pepsi . . . with lime sometimes and Arizona - Red Apple Green Tea so yummy.

Best of the Best to you . . .

Comment

tonight

Hiya, I hope your night went well and you had such a good time sober that it has inspired you to continue. I used to aspire to moderate but I realised that I would not enjoy those two or so drinks on the weekend anyway as i would always want more and if lets say i did succeed in regulating on a few occassions i would start thinking that i was capable of drinking more...and then the cycle would start again.
          I just wish that i had learnt that ten years ago : 0)
          Sober since Jan 17th 09
          Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

Working...
          X