Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not 100% today

Hi Guys,
    I'm not much of a poster, just a daily reader w/ occasional comments. I guess I'm just not much of a sharer. I am working on that.

I have been wine free (my biggest adversary) since last August. I am/was a skilled moderator keeping my al intake to 2-3 beers anytime I drank. I decided to go af for a while. I managed about 25 days (I think, I really wasn't putting a time line on myself). Last night, went out w/ my elderly and ailing Dad for his 79th birthday. I had a few drinks with him over the course of a few hours (4 in 4). I got up for my hip hop class this morning and wasn't hung over, but I wasn't 100 percent like I usually am for my gym claseses. Got to tell you, didn't like it one bit. I have come to realize that even the smallest amount of al take away from me being me. I have the ability to not drink when I choose, so I am choosing not to for quite a bit longer.

I didn't know this was possible, but I actually enjoy myself much more sober. Thanks for listening guys....
    AF since 2/4/10
    Nicotine free since 3/31/10
    FINALLY FREE

not 100% today

Good for you! Many of us would stumble to the kitchen for a drink to recover from the drink. UH...the vicious cycle. You can do this, so grab the bull by the horns and roll.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

not 100% today

Wow, no wine since last August!!!! :goodjob: Well done you!

Nice to hear you are enjoying yourself so much more, sober.

I needed to hear that.

:flower:
      Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

not 100% today

Wine is my downfall too ... I'm managing but realize I will forever stay away from the wine. Good for you!
        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

not 100% today

Onward and upward . . .

Hi ShirazG.

:goodjob: Ain't it Great to be Awake . . . Good morning, good morning to you!

Hope your pappa feels better !

Comment

not 100% today

That's a great post! Really inspiring! I like being with me, a whole lot better, when I am AF, too. Enjoy!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

not 100% today

GREAT POST

Hi Shirazgirl.

Well done for what you have already acheived, which is a great deal. As stated above, it is inevitable that we will test ourselves occasionally to test resolve, especialli if modding at the time. It seems you are really and truely seeing the benefits that AF has with it from your own point of view...its all good stuff...well done again, post more often gal!
              "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
              but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

not 100% today

Hey Shiraz, I came to a similar reaslisation recently ...only after 2 glasses of wine I feel a bit flat. I'm going for AF time too.
                :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                X