Army Thread 29 march 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 29 march 09

A very good morning to all. Remember those in the uk, that the clocks went forward an hour, so it's 8.10! It's taking wishy a little time to fully grasp it this morning!
    Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the extra hour of sunlight!
    Easy like Sunday morning....
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Army Thread 29 march 09

Morning Cy
    Oh great that means we are on the same time now (except other ends of the day) so that means working out the time wont take up the first ten minutes of any phone calls home to IRL/UK.
    Hope all are well in the army.
    BH

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Morning BH. Hope your well and enjoying the autumn.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Yep its been amazing weather still hot as but no humidity so just perfic.
        BH

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

morning everybody,hope everybody is good ,back after wonderful sober holidayfirst time either getting plane without hangover or being drunk,it is different,anyway back to focus on my main problem, to stay alcohol free

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Hey Mario. Glad you had a great time. Nice to remember the whole thing isnt it!!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Hey Gang
              I did it again, went on a bender. Stopped yesterday. I don't know what it is gonna take for me. My sister goes to a Holistic doctor and has offerred to take me when we get home from Florida. I am thinking about ordering the Topa without my doc. Whatever it takes.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Do what ever it takes Sea!!! Never give up.
                Sending love and strength to you.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Well, things were going ok with AA, but that guy Gary that I was going to meetings with decided that he "loves" me. When I expressed that I am not interested in a relationship, he left me a voicemail on my phone telling me not to show my face at AA.

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Morning everyone....Sea......that stinks.....makes you wonder why he was there in the first place.
                    Keep on driving toward your goal....don't give up!
                    Finally Free

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Thanks so much Zenny. I would appreciate any help that I can get. I stopped going to AA before because I always seems to end up with a "stalker"

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Seacailin;582078 wrote: Thanks so much Zenny. I would appreciate any help that I can get. I stopped going to AA before because I always seems to end up with a "stalker"
                        Sea, I have had that happen to me twice at AA. Once about 5 years ago, and, just recently. Both men were quite a bit older than me.

I was just getting into meetings a couple of months ago and now I have a 61 year old fellow who has proclaimed his feelings towards me. Like the dummy I am, I gave him my telephone number early on.... for AA purposes; not for any romantic interest. He phones me daily - no word of a lie! I have stopped answering his calls hoping he gets the hint.

It sucks. That was one reason why I didn't want to go back to AA because I had the same thing happen a long time ago. What is up with these guys feeling they can take advantage of vulnerable women?

Can you find a different meeting? An all woman's group?

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Hi All,
                          Sea, That was a pretty rotten thing for one alcoholic to say to another; he was pretty hurt I see. Are you going to go anyway and face his inconsiderate mug or will you search for another. You've gotta get this drinking under control once and for all. We're here for you, Sea; you know that don't you?
                          Hi to Oney, DeeBee, Mario, Cy, and Haggy; I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. I just got propane gas for our BBQ so we are up and running for the summer. I have steaks I could do for tonight's dinner if I so choose.
                          I had a client that came by with all the ingredients for a wonderful ribeye steak dinner; it was all because I saved her a ton of money recently on her insurance rates. I do that as my job- I don't expect ANYTHING in return. It was SO nice of her that we are going to invite her to join us when we cook the steaks next Sat night (our 28th anniversary). I could cook one of the steaks tonight and still have enough for next Sat. I'll freeze 3 and keep the 4th for tonight! I hope I remember my BBQ techniques??
                          I guess we are all getting involved in our lives-the thread is shrinking. Love to you All, Krigs
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

There are many meeting to choose from, so I can certainly try to avoid him. There are also people that I know at meetings who would be pretty damn pissed off at his behavior. He can not force me to stay away.

Comment

Army Thread 29 march 09

Hi everyone!
                              Sea, I am so sorry to hear you are having problems...I hope Zenny can give you some ideas..
                              Krigs, good to see you and well done on the job front!
                              I have just got back from a weekend away, it was nice, but blighted by really horrible cravings. I am not sure where they came from so have put a thread out to see what others think..
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X