Cravings returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cravings returning

I have just spent the last 3 days going through the most unimaginable cravings that I thought possible. Why when I am nearly 9 months sober, nearly 3 months without painkillers and nearly 2 months without nicotine should each and every craving decide now is the time to surface?
    Listening to Mr Starts popping a beer can has been making me almost drool. Watching him smoke has sent every nerve ending into overdrive wanting to take that cigarette and smoke it. Every few minutes I have been feeling something is missing from my life, when I scan through my body to check what it is, its been alcohol and nicotine that I want. The tension that that has caused has made me also want the opiates too...
    I want to know why now? Nothing drastic has happened in my life..I have a few worries, but nothing really out of the norm. I have dealt with far more stressful situations since becoming sober that havent affected me this way.
    Chief had some bad cravings after a long time of being sober I remember. Is this what happens from time to time? How long does it last? Or should I go back to taking my supplements? I stopped taking the kudzu and the lglutamine about 3 weeks ago because I was feeling so good.
    Any thoughts or theories would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance everyone.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Cravings returning

I would definately recommend returning to the supps, it certainly can't hurt and might even help.

I'm sorry your having such a tough time. I have heard from others, that it takes a long, long time to really get over cravings. Your doing great, just don't let them win.

R2C
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Comment

Cravings returning

Well, I wondered that too, but I have been away there many times not drinking...never without the pks and nicotine though....

Comment

Cravings returning

Thanks R2C, I wondered if there is ever a time when we can be completely free? Or do we always need to be on guard?
        I am going to take some supps now....

Comment

Cravings returning

I stopped the Kudzu and Lglutamine about 3 weeks ago..continued with the all one though...I think I will start again though

Comment

Cravings returning

The thing is, there is often drinking around me...every week and it doesnt usually affect me. This time my cravings started on Friday lunchtime, when no one was around..just sort of out of the blue...I had no pmt or anything...
            I am not too keen on taking meds now as I have got this far without...I wasnt going to cave but it was a miserable feeling all the same....

Comment

Cravings returning

well keep your self as busy as you can, as you say yourself, the cravings pass, im so sorry your having a hard time, with any luck you will be back to normal tomorrow.

Comment

Cravings returning

Thanks Limey Lou...I am going to start my spring cleaning tomorrow...that should help...

Comment

Cravings returning

I agree with you Zenny, if I was miserable every day I certainly would...but I havent been, I have been for the most part VERY happy...
                  Yes, staying on the lglut is really no biggie...I just thought I could do this on my own...

Comment

Cravings returning

Hi Starts
                    Holy god - you stopped taking the l-glut!! I take it first thing everymorning and then again in the evening. I ran out a couple of weekends ago and throught I might not need them anymore. But even that first day I could definitely tell the difference in that drinking thoughts did pop up without any thing triggering them so I just thought oh oh and went straight out and bought the l - glut. In my case although I have it well under control now there is no doubt whatsoever that the wiring in my brain is faulty when it comes to AL/Nico so I will always have to be a bit careful.
                    BH

Comment

Cravings returning

Boozy!! I thought of you when I stopped....I am starting again...I have taken 2 grammes a little while ago. How much do you take? And do you take a specific brand?

Comment

Cravings returning

hi starts something said to come here,youve always been here for me,id say hang tuff,but it is hard,as a few said try to keep busy,i do wish you well,gyco

Comment

Cravings returning

Thank you Gyco..I am hanging tough my friend...

Comment

Cravings returning

I just buy any old l-glut I am not fussy about the brand - it is easy to get here. The ones I have now are Glutamine 1000 (fuel and recovery) which are intended for body builders I think. They have 1000mg per capsule and I take two a day. There was a thread yesterday about how long do we have to take the supplements for. Who knows but if they help why not keep taking them. Sure is better than a bottle of wine and a packet of fags and where that would lead us.....
                            BH

Comment

Cravings returning

oh and I chuck a few extra capsules down me gullet if I have any trigger times/events or just before I go out just to be sure to be sure. Now about that running......
                              BH

Comment

Working...
                              X