How does one change their username?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to change my username but I'm not allowed to submit my new username because of a violation of certain rules! Has anyone recently changed theirs who could tell me how you did it. I'm not a subscribed member and my new username was not offensive in any way. In fact it was just my real name. Phil

Love and Happiness
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

what do you want to be 'philled' with tho...that could be very offensive! Just a thought.....

Comment

Hi Phil,
      I'm not the expert but you can start over. A new name, a new outlook, a new you. You will begin with post #1.....
      sigpic

Comment

I emailed the administrator and they changed mine and kept all my old stuff. That was a long time ago, and the reason I had to change was mine got stuck, so maybe they did it because it was their error. I would email them to see wha they say.

If they think Phil is offensive, they certainly haven't read the f*@k thread.. lol!
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

aaarg . . . another name changer!

phil, is it that you are about to have a birthday?

having been a member of this society for yours, i am confused by the multiple monikers used by some.

despite (or because of:blush what i write, i, too, have been tempted to change my name . . . that or go into a federal witness protection program!

:heart: E

Comment

Seacailin-Now, then, and forever.
            Awww Hipps. I like calling you Hipps, but whatever makes you happy. Wish you luck. Blessings.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

On my User CP, there's a button for change user name. A box comes up in which I would type the new name, which would need to be approved.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Phil (Hipps) there is already a Phil as a member. Maybe you could submit Phil37 or Phill.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I asked RJ back in the day... and she did it.
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Hippie.

Maybe you should just add a tag line reading: My user name is Hippie, but please call me Phil.

Or, to be honest Hippie, I don't believe in using real names on websites such as these. For employment or personal reasons, you may not want to provide personal details.

Also, change is gradual. I think you are still in the middle of changing from your hippie days. The tendency of the addict is all or nothing of course. but you are in the gray area still. And maybe you should stay in that uncomfortable place a while longer.

Nancy

Comment

I love your name...makes you , you and who we know and love. I wouldn't change it. We love you just the way you are Hippie!

:l
                      Ak
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Phil/Hippie,

You can always put a tagline at the end of your posts "formerly known as Hippie." That way no one thinks you are being sneaky, or trying to post as a new person when indeed you're not. (Lucy VanPelt does this at the end of her posts.)

I am curious, though, as to why the new (or old) name? Reaching the truth? No pressure, just looking for the process.

xoxo CS (not my real name!)

Comment

Phil, I like that you are "coming out" with your real name. The impression I get is that you are just ready to be real, to be you. And that's huge for those of us who spent so much of our lives hiding in intoxicants, cowering in shadows. Kudos.
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Hey Hipps...I get it...sometimes I wish I'd put more thought into my name when I joined. Startingover, Time2change etc (the names) all really make a statement and I think you're at a place where you want to make a similar statement?!
                            Don't know how to do it...just wanted to say that I get it though.

Oh, and my bro's name is Phil...love Phils the world over.

xo

Comment

My situation is a little reversed. I started out with a real name and as soon as I got nervous with how big the site was, I changed it. I was internet safety clueless as well. Thank goodness Determinator gave me some pepper spray to keep those internet buggers away.

Also, you have to work all the way up to senior member again (LOL) and spend endless hours explaining. Just get some pepper spray and keep being a Hippie!
                              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
                              X