I have to write this letter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to write a letter to the Director of Admissions at the school that wouldn't take my youngest Son based on his Math ability.

This is the person who told him on our first visit that 'he belonged at the school' and they 'were sure they could find a program for him' My son was so enthusiastic, and was checking the postbox constantly for his acceptance letter.

It's taken them 4 months to tell us they won't take him, but yes they would like to have his older brother please.

I'm so angry with this person. I really have a strong urge to have a drink while I'm writing, but I won't.

Am going to take a deep breath and draft the letter.

I'm so sure it's their loss, my son is a clever, funny boy who loves photography and art, he reads well and widely, and of course I want to protect him from rejection.

Here goes - alcohol free.

Bx
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Good luck Betty! You go get em!

Ask them if they'd have rejected DaVinci or Beethoven because their mathematical ability wasn't up to their standard! People like that annoy me! Artistic talents should be nurtured at least as much if not more than academic talents if you ask me. You very rarely hear of people having an outlet for stress through multiplication do you????

Good luck!

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

:goodjob:GOOD JOB BETTY Hope your letter helps you and feel proud of yourself doing it and staying calm and AL free!

Comment

Thank you - its done, I'm alcohol free but not exactly calm Lol! I'm actually thinking of going straight to the top and speaking to the school Superintendent. I won't go in because I'll either cry or lose my temper or both, but Mr Sweats is good at suff like this. Am off for a little sob and some chocolate. Bxx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Chin up B, you got through it and sober too. Well done!
          You never know, maybe your son will be better off somewhere else? Anyway, its their loss...
          Take care x
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank you Starts *sniff sniff* I think its more anger than anything else I need to more Yoga - or anger management Lol!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Give them hell Betty. Who do they think they are. Are you still going to send your other son? I wouldnt. If one child gets into a school here they usually give preference to younger siblings as most kids tend to go to the same schools as their siblings.
              BH

Comment

No, other son not going. Unfortunately the International schools here seem to have their own rules......

Thanks BH

[/COLOR]

Comment

Good for you. Its their loss. A friend of mine's daughter went to an international school in Singapore (dont know which one) and she finished this year. Do you know her?

Comment

Just kidding BTW....
                    BH

Comment

Hee hee - what's funny is there's quite a possibility I do Lol!

Feel so much better,

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Your right it is a very small world! I will say nought then as there is no love lost between the parents to put it very very mildly.
                        BH

Comment

hi betty, just saw this & it sux.
                          good on you for drafting the letter etc & not drinking.
                          good luck to Mr swets when he goes to give 'em hell!!!

o

Comment

Congratulations on remaining AF Betty.
                            In the past being overly upset, angry, or sad has been a trigger for me.
                            I am working on it, as I remain AF. You did it!
                            Good job!

Also I am very sorry the school mislead your son.
                            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Thanks Keets - I think that's what we're most annoyed about - well done on your AF time!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X