I have to write this letter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You tell 'em Betty!! That's damn rude if you ask me.... go on, get it off your chest!!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I have I have - very politely for now! Thank you for all your support.

Bxx
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Betty,

It's just as well that your son's aren't going to that school. If the schools attitude is the same as the Directors-Your kids probably wouldn't have like the school anyway. There is so much more to life than Math!!!

Good for you for not drinking and good for you for writing the letter to that Director.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Thanks Lilmea x

[/COLOR]

Comment

SB,
            My youngest son got rejected from an " exclusive" private school. He went on to win the state''s cross country championship. He's now working on a PhD in biochem and just played his first for pay guitar gig. Their loss, big time.
            I was always much more likely to drink over my sons' stresses than my own. Even now with them all in their 20's.
            But 17 days AF today.
            Hang in there, the most important education comes from you!

Comment

Betty, yes, good job writing the letter, AND keeping it polite.
              I hope your son gets through this, without having any issues with self esteem.
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

OK here goes..... I guess I'm "odd man out" here.

Life is funny. Sometimes "bad" things are good ones in disguise. You may think this school is "the one" for your son. But maybe it's not and you just don't know it, so higher powers prevented a move in that direction. Keep on with that thought and lets just suppose the director was honest in what was said about program suitability but something unbeknownst to you and unforseen by him/her interfered and now he/she is horrified at how you must be feeling based on the positive remarks made beforehand. The circumstances are such that they are private business issues not to be shared with you so the director isn't even able to explain properly. What if.... you let your son handle this. Let HIM write a letter but a letter reflecting his character by thanking them for consideration, ask for advice on improving this area (math), expresign hope for acceptance in the event of a change of circumstances, etc. You just never know. It would be a good lesson for him on how to gracefully handle rejection (and there WILL be more of that) and get the most from it.

Just my thoughts, thanks for listening. I don't have kids, but I can empathise with how you feel.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SB........That happened to my oldest son when we tried to get him into our church's Catholic School. Kindergarten....needed an interview, they said he moved around too much Ha! Crap.....what else is a kid his age suppose to do. And get this....they did physical fitness test for all the kids...they told me my son had trouble skipping, wow ! ( Oh shit, he'll need that to move ahead in the world ! ha! ) My wife and I got so mad we left the church and ended up at the church were my kids enrolled at school. Give em' hell Sweaty ha! IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Exactly IAD. And look how fabulously your kids are doing! Can you see the "rejection" as a nudge in the right direction?
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Right........Greeneyes LOL IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Greenie and IAD.

Greenie, thanks for the idea of letting my son write the letter, and to be honest I think he's taken it a lot better than we have! We just need to draw a line under it, find out more detail about why they couldn't take him, as they have a rep for excellent learning support, and get back the money we paid to apply!

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X