Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th March 2009

Good morning everyone!

And today really is a good one for me...I cannot believe the difference in how I am feeling from the last couple of days.
    My enthusiasm has returned, although its still pretty early I am not feeling like there is a piece missing from my life and spending ages trying to decide what to fill it with.

Thank you SO very much for all the pms and help on the thread I put out. I cannot tell you how much it meant to not feel so alone with this and to not feel like I had gone back to square one again...
    I have really learned that there is safety in numbers, we dont need to feel isolated in our feelings and there is immediate help out there....
    I stayed away for a couple of days because I was ashamed of how I was feeling, I wish I hadnt now it would have saved a lot of heartache I think...
    Thank you so much everyone, you mean so very much to me :l:l:l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Morning Starts, briefly saw your thread from yesterday this morning. Today is a toughie for me as hubby is away and there are 6 bottles of wine, a bottle of rum and half a bottle of whiskey in the house. I really don't want to drink as it would mean drinking alone - a no no for me. The thoughts going through my head over the last few days have really sucked.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Morning to you too Starts
      I had to rush off to work this morning so didnt get a chance to catch up with your other thread until I got home this avo. I was so glad to see you were feeling better by the end of it and now too. Sorry that you had to go through that but realistically as someone said (Doggie Girl I think it was) even though it feels like a long time (does it ever) we are still only in the early stages of sobriety so there has to be a few hurdles along the way. It is nothing to be ashamed of just par for the course. Sometimes it hits me suddenly and I think jeez I would lick AL off the ground right now! But it passes.......
      BH

Comment

Morning BH - hope you're OK. Everyone at work here sounds like they're dying. The sales manager has told a colleague that 'if he's going to continue doing seal impressions, he's going home!'
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hey Vlad
          I am wonderful. What is wrong with them all? I thought spring was in the air over there so you wold all be bouncing around like little spring lambs not barking like seals.
          BH

Comment

They don't have Eastern European antibodies that's what!!!

Comment

I dont have any of those as far as I know although I did fly over Vladivostok once (does that count?) but I think I must be immune to everything after all the shit I have put in my body over the years!
              BH

Comment

BH, I just sent you over here from The Next Day. Sorry, I didn't realise you were already talking on here.

Anyway, hello all and have a good day. It's my time to get off the net. Pan.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Starts, glad you are feeling more yourself. Did the choccy work by the way?
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

boozehag;582475 wrote: I dont have any of those as far as I know although I did fly over Vladivostok once (does that count?) but I think I must be immune to everything after all the shit I have put in my body over the years!
                    BH
                    Ah but where you sat behind a local with a very bad cold/flu bug? Because I was on the way to my apartment in Croatia.

I was ill for the whole holiday and haven't had a cold since. This was 4 years ago.

Comment

Morning Pan - hope you are well today!

Comment

Morning Vlad, Boozy and Pan,
                        Boozy you are so right, it does pass. Trouble is you imagine you are going to be a drooling mess for the forseable dont you?

I hope yours passes vlad, it really is a miserable feeling..do you have any Lglut?

Pan, I kept on trying that choccie, but it didnt help at all sadly...
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Just the smell of AL sets me off. A colleague using a marker pen on the white board for example. Starts me drooling.

No I don't have any L-Glut but I'll be fine. Going to buy some Ame orange and grape or something. Will post on here and draw a comic strip. I have plenty to keep me busy until bedtime.

Comment

startingover;582485 wrote:
                            Pan, I kept on trying that choccie, but it didnt help at all sadly...
                            I've quit the chocolate and crisps for Lent. I usually do alcohol. This time I haven't.

Comment

Hey Starts
                              Well yes i think I will probably be a drooling mess sometime in the very near future but I am hoping to squeeze in a bit of crack before that happens. Do you ever get a sort of metallic taste in your mouth when you get a drinking thoughts/craving. I do and I start sort of salivating slightly and licking my lips. It doesnt bother me or anything - maybe it is a kind of early warning system! Being a binger there are certain times (physical and mental rather than situational) that would trigger a drinking binge rather than just all the time as it might be for other people and that is when I get that weird sensation. I know when I get that taste that a drink right then and there and I would definitely be history. Mebbe its just me...

Comment

Working...
                              X