Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooppps

Hi all.

So i'm on antabuse, 1 tablet a week and i cooked a dinner, Pigeon baked in home pride red wine sause with leeks, carrots, onions and potatos.

i'm feeling pretty shit now and i think it's the red wine sauce. it was a home pride one so i thought nothing of it. Silly really. i even give it to my 1 1/2 year old.

Anyway, i'm still sober, loving it. Now that the Nights are lighter i keep getting old memories come back how i used to just relax in the garden with my ipod and wine. How oh how i used to kid myself and still kid myself that wine has given me good times.

Keep good everyone. Love you all!

Oooooppps

Hi Michelle, an easy mistake to make...hope you're feeling better soon.
    I know what you mean...it's going into Winter here which is good for me, 'coz those sunny warm evenings just make me want to sit on the verandah & watch the boats go by with a glass of wine...that turns into a bottle or more.
    I'm glad the antabuse is working for you...ho long do you have to be on it??

Comment

Oooooppps

i'm taking one a week instead of one a day so i'm in no rush to come off them. i still don't feel strong enough to come off them and not drink. i'm going to be on them for a few months. it's so good to know that there will always be something that can save me from drink!

Comment

Oooooppps

Lill M. Does'nt the alc. burn off when your cooking ? Or was that wine sauce aldente ? IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oooooppps

See i thought that! i don't know tho. Maybe i just feel ill.

Comment

Oooooppps

maybe its the sulfites?

Comment

Oooooppps

Alcohol does not burn off very quickly during cooking:

Alcohol Burn-off Chart

Comment

Oooooppps

I think when you ignite wine or any liquor it burns off pretty fast otherwise I am not sure either.

I did not know that anyone ate pigeon though, we do not eat that bird in Wisconsin.

Sammys

Hope you feel better soon, I have also heard you have to watch perfumes also.

Comment

Oooooppps

be careful with motuh wash and perfumes too.....you dont think about but man they can make ya sick.
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Oooooppps

Hope you are feeling better Michelle. I wish I could get antabuse. Being a nurse, I come into frequent contact with AL prep pads. Bummer. I was under the impression that AL burns off when you cook it too. Hmm....
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Oooooppps

Britt......let's not forget after shave......Sailors have been filtering it through French bread to make a Sailor's Martini for years.... Ha! IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X