The Next Day Thread Tuesday 31st March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, I think our run of superb weather might be coming to an end...it's cloudy out there today.
    Betty - I hope you're feeling better today...and I hope there are no more triggers on the way. You did real good coming here to vent before puring a gin/distilled dead leaves drink. Go you!
    Eski - I saw on another thread you're going for some AF time in April...is that right?? I'll get on board with that...but I have to break it down...say 7 days at first starting tomorrow??
    Big smoochies to everyone else.

xo

Morning Angel and all to come,

I'm sooooo ready for the clocks to go back next weekend. I'm really sick of it not getting light until 7.30am and ready to go to bed at 7.30pm!

Finally finished cleaning out the pond yesterday - hope the buckets of green slimey sludge will be good for the garden. Don't yet know what the day will bring but I expect wood splitting will be involved. The nearest gym is a half hour drive away so I figure I'm getting a good workout much closer to home.

Rags - are you back safe and sound?

Be happy, all.

Comment

Tawns and Angel - a great big good morning to you both - weather here STILL Indian-summer-ish...
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hello, Angel, Tawny...and I've already said hello to you Kapo ...

Tawny, just being active is probably the best for fitness and you seem to have cracked that!!!

Our clocks went forward on Sat, it really is lovely having a longer evening...
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

TF - I thought the same thing this morning...I'm over daylight savings.
          I bet you're fitter than me anyway, and lifestyle fitness is as good as any....it's just that if I didn't go to the gym I'd officially be a sloth. Some of the fittest bods I've ever seen have been on country boys - those hay bales are heavy

Comment

Great to see you here Starts - our clocks go back this weekend - we gain a whole hours extra sleep CANT WAIT :H

Comment

Is it this weekend?? Cool, that's my 'never smoking again' date...
              Hey Kapo - have you seen that house building show (was on last night) - it's in Greymouth I think

Comment

Hi Tawny,
                I'm here. Was in Sydney all day yesterday and didn't get back till 7:45 so no chance to log on.
                Will PM you about Berowra Waters Inn. We did the full degustation and shared dishes. Heaven for my tastebuds! I have a copy of the menu so will send it to you. Rest of the weekend the Wind Gods were hiding, so no sailing.
                On way up to Sydney yesterday stopped at a garden place and got a beautiful garden statue of St. Francis. He will go near the yabbie pond next to the seat. Also bought some plants on way home from weekend away... including the grey Dichondra that came out a few years ago, made a big hit on Don Burke, then suddenly disappeared from the shops. Saw it just by pure luck in this nursery so snaffled 2 pots of it. Raining here this morning so will pore over the Japanese garden books a friend lent me. Trying to work out what to do with my back courtyard without it looking like the bottom of a swimming pool as it is so steep sided.
                Did you happen to listen to Margaret Throsby yesterday? She interviewed an Astronomer from Uni Western Sydney who was talking about the Aboriginal interpretation of the skies. It was fascinating. Will log on to ABC to see if there's a transcript.
                Meanwhile, hello everyone!

Comment

Angelcakes;583001 wrote: Is it this weekend?? Cool, that's my 'never smoking again' date...
                  Hey Kapo - have you seen that house building show (was on last night) - it's in Greymouth I think
                  Shall support you as much as I can with the NF thing darl....
                  I probably haven't watched telly ( except for Spongebob and Cath Tate) for about 18 years - but yeah, did hear about the Mitre 10 thing, it is next door to my mate's house

Comment

Oh Shit - and Corro , if I am at home :H

Comment

Good for you on the no telly thing...I dreamt about the mitre 10 houses last night...was weird and so real. I think of you when watching...was looking out for a lady with purple hair in the background when they were driving around last night :H

Comment

Babe - GREAT news, the purple has FINALLY faded to "Old lady pink" X
                        Have you ever been down here?

Comment

Ha! No b it I'd loove to see the west coast...my outlaws are in Dunedin so have done all of the south island except for the west coast. I hear there's NO traffice lights on the west coast...

Comment

NO TRAFFIC lights indeed! Amazing - we have One Warehouse, Two supermarkets and about a kazillion pubs - and more than enough dickheads to drink in them.....Have lived here dam near 10 years, have been in once (to the pub) got barred INSTANTLY - very redneck - but the topography and many of the other folk make up for it :H

Comment

Rowdy, if that is an euphemism for drunk - yes ROWDY

Comment

Working...
                              X