The Next Day Thread Tuesday 31st March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, I love the chocolate Gingers from the MR chocolate co.......
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I ODed(??) on their chilli chocolate. Did I mention I like chillis?!!

Comment

Lol! Were you at the chilli festival a few weeks ago?

[/COLOR]

Comment

No I actually forgot about it, but I'd been before. Great location. It was excellent apart from the crowds but we got there early, bought loads of plants and left before the screaming kids (been one) and doddery old folk (will be one) frazzled me (it was a very hot day in the hills!!).

Comment

My friends went and loved it - but were disappointed by the lack of crabs at the crab festival the next day.....they're fresh pommie imports and loving it so far.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Are we talking different festivals? Crabs at Mandurah? Chilli at Araluen. But a crab festival with a paucity of crabs? Weird. I do enjoy these festivals but am not a crowd person, so tend to go very early, quick squizz round then leave!

Speaking of festivals, Tawny, did I miss your Melbourne report?! I can enjoy these events vicariously through others!

Comment

Yep, crabs at Mandurah, not sure where the Chilli fairly near the city.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Greetings Betty and Blondie, and everyone.
                  I love chilli's. The hotter the better! well, sometimes. Have almost polished off some home grown ones sealed in a jar with olive oil, and other facinating tastes and smell's i cannot yet identify. This jar tasted a little different from last batch, but they are just absolutely devastating!
                  Off to pump in the morning, so must have an early night.
                  Take care all............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Guitarista

I have a surplus of chillis; and I have a beautiful batch of Scotch Bonnet ones that I simply cannot put more than one of in any dish - so they are hot!! Re the chilli oil - how do you stop it from going mouldy?! What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Angelcakes;582817 wrote: You did real good coming here to vent before puring a gin/distilled dead leaves drink.
                      Hey, the distilled dead leaves thing was my idea!!! :H
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Blondie, i don't know re- oil, but i will try to track down an answer, which means asking a friends mum, next time i see her. Of course, her traditional method will be priceless. A surplus of chillies?.....Heaven!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Thanks G

I thought you'd perhaps have to put it in the fridge, but then I thought oil wasn't supposed to be refrigerated? I have so many chilli plants; can't resist buying/planting them!

Comment

Actually, now that i'm sampling the contents, the solution in the jar seems to be mainly a vinegar sort of combination? The oil seems to be minimal, but present. mmmm..........

Comment

Catch you later Blondie. I've got an Italian Grannie guru, and a Macedonian Grannie guru kinda at my disposal, so when i see them next, i will interrogate them, and post a bottling method or 2. Right, am off now.....can't be late for pump..........Be well, G.

Comment

Working...
                              X