Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your Interests and Hobbies . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacenik, if MWO is any indication then I'd say the answer is yes.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

oh, I totally forgot photography. d-oh!

-photography!

-and ham radio. any other hams out there?
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I enjoy Camping, Fishing, Beach, Boating, Travel, Nudity...

My wife only enjoys a few of these...
        Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Great question!

Hi, All!
          My hobbies are reading (yep, detective stories, mysteries, and the incomparable Diana Gabaldon books,) walking, critters (three cats, a parrot, and a snake, but currently without a dog. I love Chesapeakes,) listening to 1940s music, writing, and Nia. Nia is a wonderful exercise, great for all of us on our road to recovery. It is a fitness program incorporating dance arts, healing arts like yoga, and martial arts. Well worth investigating if you are interested in finding a new way to add joy to your life. I also, in my youth, was a skydiver, though that was when people still had round canopies. (Is there a joke in there, somewhere?)

And, yes, there most certainly is a correlation between people drawn to alcohol and the creative life... Just think of all the authors like Hemingway, all the musicians, all the artists... goodness, we are in good company!

Comment

I forgot to mention my spring/summertime hobby of being a CROPPIE !!!
            What is a CROPPIE..you ask ??? That is a crazy person that gathers in the Fields (mostly around Wiltshire England) to study the Scared Geometric shapes that are left in the grain crops every year from April thru October. They are found all over the world but in the greatest concentration in the UK.
            Hubby and I attend 2 Crop Circle Conferences in England each year, 1 in Glastonbury and the other in Devizes ...The season is about to start because the Canola crop is starting to bloom and I am soooo excited...LIKE A KID AT CHRISTMAS !!!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

wow- cool, Evie! Who makes them? Are they scared or sacred?
              Toughen up!

Comment

Delta, All i know is they are "OUT of or In of" ...this world !!! There is a HUGE difference between each formation. Some are clearly man made ...others are energized with a feeling from "in the ground" like the ancient wisdom of the peoples from the past. There have been reports of "Alien" looking spaceships have seen around the areas where the circles appear. I would love to think that Aliens are doing it but maybe they are just, observing like we are and wondering WTF is happening ??? Some of the circles make you feel BLISSED OUT...others you can't stay in for more than a minute without getting sick. I think it is one of the most important things happening on our planet today and the predictions that they have given are extremely acturate...almost to the point of being scary ...but fascinating for sure !!! There was a circle in Wiltshire that appeared on 8/08/2008 that I drew a picture of in July in front of my meditation group here in Florida. I can't explain that ?? I am working with the research group from Crop Circle connector.com UK...there are pictures and lots of info on their website and on You Tube. The more I study the less I understand it ???
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A favorite hobby is finding hope represented. I love the beginning of things. Anything in its infancy interest my curiosities because there is so much potential (MWO posts)
                  Painting on glass, expressing through design, yard sales, relics, especially archeology( would love to someday treasure hunt in the oceans/seas), anything associated with the senses such as taste;love flavors and textures in original dishes and their presentation, old buildings, animals, rare/unique books, music, watching a little child uninhibited, making compostitions with different feathers(peacock a favorite), rocks, the celtic culture, being by water;listening to tapes of water sounds, birds and their music( I greet the day with the symphony outside in the trees by the house),creating aromas with oils and fresh herbs (lavender and rosemary~favorites, studing alcoholsim; especially finding older books on it such as recently in a second hand book store, watching the magic in films, vintage clothing/jewelry, the world of art and its endless expanding universe, the universe and its ever present mystery.
                  :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Changemylife

If I looked like your avatar....or had a partner who looked like your avatar....my favorite hobby would be nakedness also....As neither are the case my hobbies are gardening and canning the produce (to last us the winter)....loving my dogs..... AI of cattle and breeding naturally of cattle....not me, our bull (of course)....horsewomanship.....reading -Stephen King-the master of horror......watching OLD reruns....like Bewitched, Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver... following all my kids sporting events....Butchering and freezing of venison (that kids shoot) ...Playing Piano..... cooking wild game (always looking to improve upon good recipies)....and just being a happy person....the last is always the most difficult.....
                    Finally Free

Comment

Working...
                    X