31 little zeros!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 little zeros!

This is just a note about a positive aspect of the site.

For those of you who dont know me, I am a person who liked to drink too much on a saturday night and although my drinking isnt the end of the world yet, it was showing tendancies that made me uncomfortable and needed addressing.

Thus I elected to start with an AF period of at least lent and possibly another week, so around 55 days.

I am currently on day 39 of this, so tomorrow will be a little land mark (40). This is the longest I have gone (5 weekends and counting) without at least some wine for many years. I am so chuffed. There have been a few highs and lows, but in the majority far more positive than negative.

I wanted to note that I have been filling out the drink tracker religiously which has meant a daily check in here too. I have found it has worked a treat and I have just looked at MARCH and my 31 little zeros and I am sooo proud.

I thought it was worth a mention that this has really worked for me as a tool, amongst many other things.

Thanks to anyone here who has helped me through this when needed and I hope I can help others sometimes too.

Love MOOOO
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

31 little zeros!

Hi moo, I just got on the drinktracker recently & found it helpful....and I did notice all your 0's also...well done!!!

Comment

31 little zeros!

GREAT!

Thanks Angel. I hope you get as much out of it as I have. Its a good tool for people who are competitve with themselves as I am. Good luck on tracker.

Comment

31 little zeros!

MOO .. good going!!!

Early sobriety brings all kinds of feelings. We count the days, we're proud of ourselves and we finally realise, I can do this. Keep on keeping it up.

Ripple.

Comment

31 little zeros!

Great Stuff Moooo . . .

And I am extremely proud of you and the others who have managed to be and stay AF. GREAT JOB! :l

Comment

31 little zeros!

Congrats to you!!!!!!!!! Keep on keeping on...
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

31 little zeros!

Mo....their something to be said about zero's..... but the thought escapes me at the moment ! ha! IAD..
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

31 little zeros!

MOO! Congratulations! It does feel good, and gets better as time goes by. You are an inspiration to others here. I have enjoyed your posts. Continued success, to you!
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

31 little zeros!

THANKS GUYS

Thank you for posting your replies. Its always good to know what is working as well as what is not. I know its different for everyone, but I am still singing the praises of the drink tracker!

Comment

31 little zeros!

Congrats from me too ... Love all the zeros, but I can't add my last one to March for some reason. I always had in the morning ... Oh well off to add up those O's for April!!
                    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

31 little zeros!

Wonderful mooo!!!! Big congratulations! Very uplifting post!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

31 little zeros!

WELL DONE MOO!!!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

31 little zeros!

Moo,
                          You rock girlfriend. I just may have to come and see you for a cup of tea one day...ofcourse in the old days I would have been saying a glass of wine.
                          Seriously, don't be surprised if I say I'm coming visiting one day.
                          Congrats!
                          Big ((hugs))
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

31 little zeros!

Well Done Moo!

Good to hear you're still going strong! Thanks for your support on those first Saturday nights. I'm a little behind you on Day 25. I too am keeping a diary - beside my bed and love writing those zeros in. I have just flicked back to the beginning of Feb and then I was regularly on 60+ units a week so I can see how far I've come. The journey continues....

Still trying to figure out what to do when I get to 30 Days. Don't want to go back to my old ways for sure BUT would love to have a glass of wine occasionally. Not convinced I am the able to stop at 1 glass though. I never have in the past! My brain thinks wine should be drunk by the bottle not by the glass so I've got to re-educate myself!

Enjoy your weekend away!
                            If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

31 little zeros!

Good on ya Mooo. Keep those noughts up!!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                              X