X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rate to scale it back?

Finit,
    I drank TONS! So, I can relate to the desire to cut down slowly, but I have to share that dependant on the type of drinker you are...that may not be possible. I am kinda an all or nothing kinda gal so 1 means 10 for me. Once the BUZZ hits...which would be on 1-2 dependant on the drink, I have to shut-off switch. You may have to bite the bullet and just stop. There is no easy way out...BUT THERE IS A WAY OUT! Stick to the site and read alot while going through the process. It will help tremendously.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Scaling back hummmmm . . .

Every question an answer.

I agree with what Brittz said once the Buzz hits . . . and There is no easy way out...BUT THERE IS A WAY OUT! Stick to the site and read alot while going through the process. It will help tremendously. very good points.

I just know MWO has helped me immensely and these wonderful people will help you as well . . .

Brittz, I love your (Avatar) card, it reminds me of the beautiful little cards my kids used to make for me and hubby.

Comment

I feel so scared. Is my situation like, super chronic compared to other people's? Over the past 4 years or so, I've had atleast 5 drinks, on average over that time, almost everyday.

I was reading wikipedia, and it said that 15% of people who drink heavily for more than 10 years develop cirrhosis. It defines "heavy" as being as little 3-4 drinks a day for some men, or 2-3 for some women. THAT IS A HORRIBLE STATISTIC! I feel like I'm going to die soon.

I absolutely have to quit this stuff and I am doing it now to save my life. My face was flushed for the first time for several days last week. I feel like it is becoming more and more obvious in my appearance that I am pushing my limits every night. It's like a long drawn-out suicide.

At this point I am willing to get the book, but I want to detoxify, and then see how I fare with brute will power.

I did it before when I was being monitored for 4 months due to a legal situation for which i was ultimately found innocent. Had to stop cold turkey. But man, it really sucked. I couldn't sleep night after night, so exhausting. I was thinking this time I would try using melatonin.

Comment

Try to stay calm . . . .

Hi Fin,

Take some deep breathes, so you don't hyperventalate that will just give you a migraine, which you don't need.

You may want to see your doctor a.s.a.p. regarding your health.

Are you planning on staying sober tonight? What sorts of things do you like to do? Can you keep busy?

Stay close to us here in MWO and we will help you through this.

Comment

Well,

Flint, your articulate and well described. VODKA is serious poison, like nail polish remover!!! My father was a VODKA addict.. hey, you take something else less strong!
            Work your way away from that CLEAR shit that will ROT your liver and mind away!!!
            How many did it take to post such? Its all-right, you finally realised its a problem.

Vodka is BAD news, we grow a tolerance to it. Vodka is not for me or you!

Ripples.. :l

Comment

Was heavy into it in 97, then quit for 4mo, then slowly crept into it through 98. Things are beginning to fall apart, and I thank God they haven't already. I just spent $60 at the store for all kinds of yummy vitamins. Not sure if I quit tonight or not.. Of course, the thinking is that I should finish what I have left, instead of dumping it.. I need to start soon though if I want to be in a decent sober state for work on Monday.

I wonder if I stopped tonight, if during work tomorrow I might start twitching and look like a zombie? This is the fear that has kept me medicating myself with this crap..

Suggestions?

So, I have: GABA, niacin, l-glutamine, chromium picolinate, 5-HTP, and kudzu

So I just quit and start stuffing these in my mouth according to directions with lots of water and good food?

What do you folks to help with the insomnia, I bought melatonin, but not sure how good it works. I heard people take that allergy medicine (forgot what it's) called. Now I'm gonna be a pill poppin drunk, too!

I'm tempted to stop cold turkey now, but my original plan was to back it off for a day or two first.. I dono.. what do you do?

Comment

Hi Finit - fellow vodka drinker here too. I used to drink a few beers and around half a litre pretty much every day. If I missed a day's drinking, I'd feel OK that day but feel horrendous the next, which would result in me drinking again. I know that I certainly couldn't taper off with vodka, because once I'd had that first shot, I would just keep pouring (as per my last episode 03/01/09 - had a stupid idea to buy a bottle again after a long period of none!). I decided I would just stick with the beer for a while (as I could moderate that alot better) and then I did 40 days - although it did creep up on me - I'd set myself a date and then forgot about it. Then remembered the night before I was to start. So my other advice is prepare yourself - if you've set a goal for Monday, work towards it. However, if you want to start straight away - do it - if you start feeling rough, see your doctor!

I've used kudzu and milk thistle as recommended on this site. And also Kalms which has valerian root to help with those sleepless nights and anxiety.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                X