Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2nd April 2009

Good morning troops...

I have no idea why I am up so early this morning, I woke at 4.30 and decided to get up at 5...madness..
    Oh, well, might as well make the most of the day...
    Fudge is going in for her summer hair cut...or scalp this morning. No doubt my mum will complain her hair is too short (she is my mums dog really, but she is unable to look after her any more)
    Tonight I am going out to dinner and a leaving a leaving do with some work colleagues. That will be nice to catch up. I am actually looking forward to it, which is surprising me as I usually view most social occasions with apprehension without the drink. Maybe I am now moving on??? I feel a sense of freedom because I will drive myself there, I dont have to pick anyone up or take them home, so I am free to come and go as I please...I think that helps too.
    Have a great day everyone and no doubt catch you later..
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Hope you enjoy your evening Starts. Our group is 'performing' at a church AGM tonight.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

My balalaika. Yes.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Baliloolaa!! LMAO ! Nice try Oney :-)

Morning Vlad, hows are you doing today?

Comment

I'm doing OK, nervous about tonight - probably the reason for my little crave yesterday. Hey! I stayed AF though.

Comment

Morning everyone. Hope we are all well. The weather report said it was going to be warm and sunny today. Well, its cold and cloudy. Maybe later! I have hit the big 60 today, and am feeling great about myself and life. ODAT.
            Im reading Stephen Kings Salems lot at the mo, and cant put it down. Love a good horror, and I find King really gets you to know the characters and makes you feel a part of it. Good stuff!
            Have a great day y'all!
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Is it really 60 days Cymru? Way to go.

Comment

Woo Hoo!!! 60 Days!
                Well done!!!! It just gets better and better! x

The weather here is cold and foggy too...I hope it clears up, I want to wear a little top when I go out tonight, not winter clobber....

Comment

Yep, 60 today Vlad. Im going to treat myself with a large espresso!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

WOW CY!!

That is awesoooommmme!!

Happy 60th- Hope you have a lovely day)

hello to everyone else, I haven't been around too much because I am over at the Sinclair board a bit more now, but I am also doing very well, my levels are dropping weekly. Last night I opened a second can of beer and could not drink it- I had a sip and threw it away. This naltrexone is really working for me, this time round.

Hope you all have a great day- i could do with some of your weather it has been raining here for days.

Comment

Hey Marby doo! I was just thinking of you this morning!
                      Great to hear you are doing so well. One beer? Bloody brilliant!

Comment

The Nal blocks the 'rush' so after a few weeks you still drink but it becomes less and less attractive, until basically you can just take it or leave it, and the finally you prefer to leave it- they say it takes between 4 to 6 months, but I am now in week 8, and already many days I am leaving it, or just having 1 or 2, then really not wanting more.

I am very very grateful that I finally found something that works for me.

Comment

Marby, you have looked so hard and tried so many different things, you so deserve to find something that works for you....

Right peeps I am going out for my training run....in the cold....and fog......it'll be lonely out there...but I am doing it anyway...wish me luck :-)

Comment

Thanks Oney!!!

Hope you are well too--I have to go now- I need a flamin' bank loan- I wish my finances were going as well as the drinking *sigh!*

Oh well, we can't have everything- being sober is more important- at least I can go to see Mr Bank manager without reeking of booze

Comment

Hey Marbs. Thoughts and prayers are always with you. We'll have to ctch up soon. x
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                              X