Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 2nd April 2009

Hello from Florida Army

It is very tropical and warm here. My Dad looks Great!!! I am going to breakfast with my Sis and we will be on the go. Not sure what we are doing today yet. Just wanted to check in and Congratulate Cy on 60 Days Very Well Done!!!! I will drink and expresso in your honor. Starbucks is right next door to my hotel. Have a great day all.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Cymru,
      Way to go, I am so proud of you...each day gets just a little easier, but we can never drop our guard!
      I will stay strong, because YOU are staying strong...Way to go!

Comment

Thank you both. Be strong, but remember when your feeling down we are not alone. Just a phonecall away, wherever we are in the world. X
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi friends. Got back late yesterday from the cabin, tho I intended to stay the week. Hubs called me Tuesday night to tell me a very close friend for many years, who I had lost track with over just the past few since she remarried, died suddenly. Her service is today. I am in shock - she was 56 and looked 30, so beautiful and sweet.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Congratulations Cym and Marby. You guys make me proud!
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Happy Thursday Troopers, CY I am so proud of you !!!! 60 days and 60 yrs to come ...YEAH !!!
              I am still trying my best to get my house straighten up and the Inn ready for the weekend. We have had the shop closed and are just reopening it today so we will be very busy.
              Staying busy is good I guess cause a sadness is starting to creep into my thoughts this morning...I am feeling the pain of the wasted years .....the drinking years....they were a learning time (for my family) I GUESS ???
              Hope everyone has a wonderful April 2nd and didn't get tooo many tricks played on them yesterday....LOL
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi army!

Cy - WOW FANTASTIC!!! That just makes my heart sing!

Marby - Poured out the second beer - how great is that!

Evie, it's not wasted, it's just part of the journey. And it's in the past anyway. :l

Rubes, wow, sorry about your friend. Wonder why she died.

Sea, glad to hear you har funning in FL. Go back sporting a tan!

Hi sbelle,oney, starty, limester, zenny and all.

So I'm going on the fishing trip tomorrow AM! I'm nervous going away with strangers and no AL crutch. I am visualizing like crazy :H Evie, can you see that big trout on the end of my flyline? I started antibiotics for the sinus thing and now I have antibiotic butt. Great.... In a river with waders. You can be damn sure greenie won't dare fart! :H:H
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie LMAO!!!:H:H:H
                  Hey, you will be fine...once you get there, you will be wondering why you worried (as long as you dont fart)

Rubes, good to see you hun I am so sorry about your friend. What happened?

Evie, no regrets about the drinking years...they are part of what made you you. And thats precious OK?
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                    First I need to congratulate CY on his 60 days.....60 steps into the rest of your life, my friend. I am very proud of you Cy. You are well on your way and I love hearing the happiness and joy in your posts!! Forgive me for posting the cake I baked for you....my cakes seem to morph into some very naughty pictures.
                    I hope everyone has a nice day. Krigs
                    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks for your condolences. Until Pat divorced Hubs good friend we were together every weekend, did everything together. All I've found out so far is that she went to the doctor a little over 3 weeks ago, just not feeling right, and they quickly found she only had weeks to live. Only her immediate family knew. She had a VERY bad childhood, and became a wonderful homemaker and mother, then owned a florist. I just can't believe she's gone. Hubs and I have really had another wake up call with her death. Also, Tuesday, I went to a masseuse very near my cabin who had been recommended, and she told me I HAD to reduce the stress in my life. I'll be seeing her regularly, and I'm sending Hubs to her too. It was an 1 1/2 hour of heaven. She really got my attention when she said it was life or death, and I trust her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Rubes,
                        Very sorry to hear about your friend....it does give us pause when we hear such things and lose those close to us doesn't it? Try to have a good day in spite of it....I bet you have some beautiful spring flowers coming up and blooming in your yard and at the cabin. I can't really tell, are those azaleas in your avatar? Love, Krigs
                        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Yes those are the azaleas in front of my porch, with a big butterfly in them. The daffodils are still blooming, I have all diff colors, and now the woods around my house are white with dogwood blossoms. The wild wisteria is hanging in purple clusters everywhere, and about the end of this month, the mountain laurel will bloom, then my lilies and wild flowers will start and bloom till frost. I LOVE gardening!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I felt that way too..

one2many;584927 wrote: God I WISH I was good at gardening, there are no flowers in my garden...
                            One2many,
                            I kill things left and right..
                            It seems to be my destiny..
                            Plants actually turn from me when I go to the nursery,
                            trying to avoid eye contact!
                            What I do now is start with the things that CAN"T be killed;
                            nothing exotic; just a step up on the botanical ladder from weeds.
                            My house is full of plants.
                            They are the ones that lived.
                            You'll get your confidence up, believe me.
                            Ask the nursery guy; tell him you've got a brown thumb.
                            You can get simple things for your garden and then go from there.
                            Just do it!
                            ~Kid~
                            It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Oney, so many things here grow wild. The dogwood trees, and there are hundreds of them on our property, are native, and also the redbud, which has a fuschia colored tiny flower now. The wisteria grows like crazy, and there's nothing more beautiful than the big hanging purple clusters.
                              sigpic

Comment

one2many;584927 wrote: God I WISH I was good at gardening, there are no flowers in my garden...
                                you probably squashed them all with your big ole ass.....:H

Comment

Working...
                                X