Itching, all over, can someone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO is so helpful and the support is so wonderful...thank you all....I am 38 days AF today, but for the last few days I have been itching all over. It seems like last night it was worse, but this morning is it bad I looked all over last night for something to explain it, and I saw somewhere on the forum that itching is normal...is it from bile excreted from the liver and what can we do to help it.....I took one 25 mg. of benedril last night so I could finally fall asleep. Will more water help, SAM-E? I will do whatever, and no I have not changed any meds or food. Thanks so much...you all rock!:thanks:

I had to go to the dermotologist recently because I developed a terrible rash under my arms, and it turned out to be contact dematitis - I was suddenly allergic to my deoderant! You can develop an allergy to something you've used for years. I had to get a prescription cream and switch to anti-allergic deo.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Wow, but all over? Maybe it is my detergent that I wash the clothes in? Thanks Ruby....

Comment

Epson salts and baking soda . . .

Good morning SouthernB.

Benadryl should help since it is an anithistamine. Lots of water is Great for flushing your body. Epson salts and baking soda baths soothes the itch (for me) and is very calming. Calamine lotion is used for itching as well.

But finding the cause YES! From experience 'changing detergents definitely', eating too many tomatoes when I was preg. the 1st time - hives all over my entire body (head to toes) - who knew you could be allergic to something good for you.

CONGRATS on the 38 days . . . WOW Excellent!

Hope you feel better soon. :l

Comment

I never knew drinking could make you itch all over....but I would try everything Polaryzed suggested.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I think I would check with a doctor. 38 days AF is great but typically all the toxins are gone by then.

I hope you feel better.
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

When you do laundry, use less than a teaspoon of detergent, and for a few loads, rinse with vinegar. People use WAY too much laundry soap! That might be the problem.
              Also, it IS spring, Nancy, maybe you are outside and it is the pollens.
              And maybe take a bath with some baking soda.
              best of luck!
              Lila

Comment

Itching

Hi Southernbelle,

I too had a big itchy problem when I went af (35 days), back on day 1 now unfortunately! Anyway, the itch was so bad I checked a medical book where I work and it made some reference to itching being related to Liver performance ( any medics out there?) However am on leave from work at the moment so will have to wait till Monday to check book again. Anyway, the itch went away, and even tho' I broke my al fast, so far the itch hasn,t come back. I sorry I have no facts, but I will check on Monday!
                Yours in itching!
                Mollyka
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello all,
                  Thanks to everyone for all the advise....Mollyka, I did read somewhere on the forum about itching caused from liver disfunction....I will look on web MD, and see what else I can find....thank you for the info...
                  Lila, I will cut way down on the laundry detergent....and we are having out windows open here in Alabama right now, and it is pollen city.....
                  Great ideas and will use them all.....Cinders, Polaryzed, Brittzak, Wally22, RubyWillow, Lila, and Mollyka.....thank you all....still itching like mad today....going to go sit in a tub of epsom salt and lots of baking soda....it sounds like it would feel good no matter what..
                  Love to you all! H

Comment

Hi Southern
                    Sorry to hear about your itch, it would be a good idea to go to your GP. It needs to be checked. I dont think the epsom salts will have any great effect.

Comment

If you Google 'Liver + itching skin' you'll see there are many causes of itching, but if there is liver damage, then the skin will itch. It would be worth speaking to your doctor about it and in the meantime keep up with the 38 days - you've done so well - congratulations!

Comment

Hope the itching has gotten less itchy.

Cool shower and sometimes that neutrogena sesame body oil that you apply when damp is awesome for stuff like this calms the skin down.

Sammys

Comment

Like my good buddy says, try rubbing oatmeal all over your self...........If that does'nt work.....well at least it was fun..Ha! IAD.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

I had eczema for years when I was younger. What I did was lube up right out of the showder while still damp. I used lubriderm for sensitive skin.
                            Starting over again
                            ray:

Comment

The ITCHING WAS THE WORST !!!! I thought I would lose my mind with the constant itching when i first stopped drinking. I had a fatty liver (wonder way ???)... then I took the MWO sups and added LIV 52 sups (from E Bay) and 6 weeks later my liver tests come back fine and....... no more itching. That was my story...can't say what will work for you but it might be worth a try ???
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X