Wake up call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake up call

Today was day two af for me. I spent most of my day feeling pretty lousy however i was sitting on my balcony and started to observe two homeless alcoholics sitting at the bus stop across the street from my place. They were there all day and it was a pitiful sight to see. These guys were hard core. One of them looked like he's not gonna live much longer. He looked like the walking dead. Anyway, it was a wake up call for me. I hope it keeps me sober because on my last run i could sense that my dignity was being stripped away from me. I had 13 months last june but relapsed. I needed to see this addiction at it's zenith today and i did.

Wake up call

They were angels...

At the right place at the right time.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Wake up call

And how many times have we said 'I'm not that bad.....I'll never sink so low'? Well I have! (said it that is, not the sinking)

Well done on your 13 months! A huge achievement! Have a great day 2 and a better day 3!

Take care
      xxx
      The mind is in its own place, and in itself
      Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Wake up call

Do you believe in Angels? . . .

You don't have to answer the above title but . . .

Wow Jacks, 'most excellent'. Like what Kid S. said Right place right time . . . things happen for a reason . . . oh ya.

Jinja Great Stuff . . .

Comment

Working...
        X