X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can this be?

How can this be?

What a great start finit!
    I find kudzu to be quite amazing along with the lglutamine...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How can this be?

Great to hear from you again Finit!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

How can this be?

Yeah, I could feel the effects of the l-glutamine immediately after each time I took it. Maybe that was the main thing.

I am taking GABA, kudzu, l-glut, 5-HTP, niacin, men's multivitamin, and chromium picolinate.

Eating lots of eggs, veggies, and granola bars.

I am absolutely tickled!!! I am definitely on track for a sober, and CONSCIOUS, weekend and am looking forward to it like a kid before Christmas.

I simply can't believe it. I just don't get it. No sweating, no tremors, no weak knees, no red glassy eyes, no stomach ache..

This is gonna be cake. I love this moment.. I have been wishing for it for 11 months, yet it was always just right there.. WOW

Comment

How can this be?

You can do this...I KNOW YOU CAN !!! You seem very determined to me.
          If A silly old Swedish hard head like me can get sober than I am sure that a wise person such as you will be able to. Make sure to gather plenty of tools to get you thru the bumps along the road to sobriety.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

How can this be?

Great Job, finit!

Keep up the good work, Finit! A step in the right direction is always the way to start out. Ride the wave of your joy as long and as far as it will take you, but then, when the going gets hard, remember how lovely this beginning was. In fact, do you journal? Write write write about how wonderful this feels right now, and then, when or if the cravings come on, reread your journal with an open heart. Good luck!

Comment

How can this be?

Finit,
              Take this chance and RUN with it honey!!!! I went AF a few times now...sometimes it is easy, sometimes a week of PURE HELL! So, my advise to you is...ya wont be so lucky if you pick it back up, so keep the AF days rolling in. CONGRATS!
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

How can this be?

Finit you lucky devil you! for me withdrawal was dangerously bad.

keep up the great work!!!!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

How can this be?

Yeah, I've been through some heavy stuff before, which is why i've been so afraid to quit for a whole year. Last time I quit, I think I wasn't as healthy, drank even MORE, and had no clue what I was doing to my body. I didn't realize that my sugar levels were getting jerked around, etc. So, I quit cold turkey without any attempt at alleviating the resultant consequences. I really think I almost died a couple times.

One time I drove home from my brother's house a couple hours away. Felt fine when I left. Only had 2 beers before I left, but I hadn't eaten all day. The lights on the sides of the freeway turned into streaks, and the cars were blazing by me with the tail lights looking like huge red stars. The top of my head felt tight. My arms felt unbelievably stiff. And my eyes were trying to close on me. I seriously had to TRY to keep my eyes from closing. I swear to God that was the scariest time of my life. Hypoglycemia at it's worst.

There's been a couple times where I've nearly passed out and all somebody would need to do is give me a cookie, and I'd be all better. Craziness..

Comment

How can this be?

Hi Finit! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling well so far and soldiering on. You can accomplish this and I have faith that you will. Remember, we are all here for you!

Comment

How can this be?

Finit:
                      Congrats!....hope all is still going well. I need to follow in your lead so please let me know how you are doing day by day cause I think we have/had alot of the same habits!
                      You go GUY!
                      Red
                      Finally Free

Comment

How can this be?

Finit...we are at the weekend now. Be very aware of your sobriety and your fight. this is the hardest time for most of us. STAY on here if need be...each passing day you will feel better and better! Glad you are here.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

How can this be?

run with it hon!!! we aint all quite there!!

Comment

How can this be?

A massive well done I know you were dreading it but you have done the 1st now GO YOU

Comment

How can this be?

Things have gone well, for the most part. The wife brought home a 12-pack Friday. She was surprised I didn't even want one, I didn't touch it. Sat. was my mother-in-laws b-day dinner (she's staying with us at the moment), so I made the exception and had 1 drink for a toast. Sun. my 15 year-old daughter said some shockingly rude stuff to me, I'm still pissed off, and I was so tempted to drink, I was in tears for almost an hour. I cracked a beer, let it sit beside me for a half hour unopened, finally cracked it and drank half, then I gave the rest to my wife.

Otherwise, I still feel good. It sucks how it seems that everyone in your life knows that you are batttling old patterns, so they all take turns to come and screw it up. I've been reminded a few times this weekend why I've been led to drink in the past. While it has always been my choice, I realize that certain people annoy the crap out of me by their insensitivity and stupidity. I loathe the fact that I even have to deal with it. If I had a bunch of cash, I'd be gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X