if you're struggling, that's good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Det....it's good to be reminded that others are going through this too and it's no walk in the park!!

Comment

I've been struggling emotionally myself recently but I know I have to take myself to vulnerable places. If I don't then I'm left with the baggage that will have me picking up a drink over and over again. It's that simple. I don't want to be fighting anymore I want peace of mind and I know I'll get that when I become empowered by being vulnerable.

The first line of the serenity prayer speaks volumes to me. "God grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change...."

Love and Happiness
      Phil
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Struggling Here Tonight Big Time

Embarrassed to say that im only on my 2nd day/night and after my partner and a watched a film and turned off the light i felt tears.Had to get out of bed and log on here.....
        Want to drink so bad,but don't want to either as iv made promises to everyone that i know are killing me and none of them can understand my feelings.
        wish i was just normal.

Will feel good in the morning.

That is what'l get me to sleep tonight......i hope!
        To have my kids know that i didn't drink should be enough to put a smile on my face.

But it isn't.Feeling really down tonight.
        Would be lost without this place.....

xx
        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
        Bring it on!

Comment

fighting

I am losing this fight today, but will keep on fighting this thing..............some day I will win~~ Just wasted a totally beautiful day thanks to AL.................and my weakness................

BLAH BLAH BLAH!:upset::upset::upset:

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Cowgal, you're still in the game.....try not to stress too much.........hang in there!

Hi Annie, how are you doing there?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Iv dried up now and im starting to feel a bit tired.glad i logged on here.It really helped me 2nite.
              I am going to bed happy(ish) that i didn't drink.
              Even though i wanted to sooooo badly.
              So much i cried...oh dear...

It's just one big sea we're all drowning in,on the days we don't drink,we have floated,on the days we dont,we sank...grab a float and hang on for dear life....!
              Please no-one steal mine....iv only had it 2 days.
              Bring it on!

Comment

cowgal,,,,,go get a float,you let yours go.....2moro's a new day pet!

xx
                Bring it on!

Comment

I'm so moved by the raw beauty of what has been written on this thread. I know all too well that it sometimes seems like a futile fight but it only SEEMS that way. I'm now at a year and a couple months which is nothing short of a miracle considering the path I was headed down so swiftly. There were some home detoxes I went through that were so bad i was sure I was going to die, and I really wanted to write an apology letter to everyone I knew but I was shaking so bad I couldn't do it. I sure don't miss those days let me tell you. if what you've been doing to acquire your goals be they AF or MODS is not working then by all means learn an modify your plan until it's productive. And most critically.....nobody gives up!!!! hugs to all of you XXXXXXXX
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hugs to you Providence....YOU CAN DO THIS.....! If I can, you can.....no one will ever know how bad I was, how out of control I was, and how I never even considered that I would quit, much less that I could???? Honey, life is too short, stop that booze and start your life! Life is so much more exciting, and I don't have to look around the kitchen for something that I am out of, so I can "run to the store", wow, what an excuse! My poor husband, he never said a word, but just endured, and endured.....YIKES, I get scared sometimes now thinking, how much longer did I have? How many relationships have I ruined? When was my husband going to say, ENOUGH??? In my state of constant mess, I never even though that anyone even noticed! HOW DUMB IS THAT???? Now that I am sober, I notice when someone is not right on sharp....hello....Honey, wake up and LIVE....Easter is next week, a joyful time for renewal!

Comment

Working...
                    X