Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

I've been here a little over 8 months, and the changes have been unbelievable from the person I was a year ago. Please tell us how long you've been here, lurking and all, and how you feel you've changed because of MWO. I don't think I exaggerate when I say I believe it has saved my marriage, my family, and my life!:thanks:
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Hiya Ruby.
    This site has definitely helped me stay off the grog. I was going to quit anyway, and would've, and have done it in the past on my own, but this time around, i have armed myself with so much information, and inspiration, from this site, this has all contributed to me currently enjoying my longest af period ever. Just reading others' stories and experiences, struggles and successes, and i equate struggle with success cause you're still in the game, has, again, educated, and inspired me. The old, 'you're not alone' is true, as you look around this site.
    So, for me, just logging on here regularly for a quick read, always reveals something inspiring, and there's always food for thought being posted somewhere. I strongly recommend people to read, read, reflect, read, reflect on their own lives, as to where they are, and where they want/need to be, get a plan, and DO IT! Generally speaking, just get through the first week, and it really does get easier, but you must remain vigilant, have a well thought out plan for yourself, read the 'toolbox' thread, get yourself revved up, and DO IT!
    Best wishes to all, and it's not really that scary! ;-) .................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Good post G. I agree 100%.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Hiya Ruby

Iv been lurking here for about a year or more.On day 2 af,cuz i just couldn't keep the wheels on my wagon.
        Actually cried tonight when all my family had gone to bed,i had to get out of mine and log on here.
        I'm feeling happy now and proud that my children dn't hav to get up to a red eyed mum and an empty wine glass in the sink.
        Im putting my heart and soul into giving up this time and if it wasn't for this place,i don't think i'd bother trying.Have read so many inspirational stories and realise we're all fighting the same battle and if anyone on here can do it,i can,,,,,or so they keep telling me.
        Love this place....
        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
        Bring it on!

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Welcome, anniemac. Yes, you CAN do it. Do what G said above, it works!!!
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Hi Rubes,thanks to MWO I'm DOING something about the amount I drink instead of just thinking about doing something about it!! I'm drinking heaps less...with lots more AF days. I've learnt about triggers and diet and how it all goes together - my eyes have been opened and I'm no longer fumbling around in the dark. I've grown up a lot & I'm a better person.
            And I'm now embarking on a real AF period...

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Ruby,

ME TOO! Saved everything in my life, for sure! Been here since summer of 2006. Struggled - until April 8, 2008. AF since. It was a process for me. Got worse before I got better, for sure. Like an internal struggle. AF life is absolultely amazing. 363 day today! Pray to God I never go back...
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Closer . . .

I too agree with G.

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Great post Rubywillow !!!
                  I've always felt understood here on MWO and connected with others... We all have been through some tough times yet haven't turned our backs on one another...
                  Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

I HEAR YA, ....I hear ya Rubes, I have been here over 18 months now ...most of that time SOBER and I am not sure if it is the site or me that has changed so much. Probably my perception of myself, the site and the whole world that has changed...But I am so grateful to be ME and living my life now...thanks to MWO !!!
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

RubyWillow,
                      We've been running the same thread on the long term moderator board with the exact same title complete with a U-Tube download for a couple of weeks so it's a thought that we all probably have as to what changes (positive and bad) have happened since folks have come to MWO.
                      I may carry my thread over to generals as I'm only getting a light response from moderators and it's good to hear the viewpoints of people who are abstaining as well to see what type of changes that have occurred in their lives.
                      Each week I've been asking a question regarding what particular change has occurred that week - this week we've been focusing on how friendships have changed since MWO.
                      Anyone feel free to jump over to mods to look at that particular thread and we'll be bringing some of the weekly questions over here for more input.
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Thanks, Eve 11! I have to parcel my time so I don't get around and hadn't seen the other thread, but brilliant minds work alike! LOL I just thought it was a good idea for everyone to really think about the changes in their lives since MWO, since mine have been so definite. If I help one person, I am over the moon!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

I have been here for 9 months, I can honestly say it has saved my life.
                          Finally I am living a life that I enjoy, I like myself (mostly) and am proud of my achievments. I am actually feeling like a grown up after all these years :-)
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

And now we're friends, Starts! Hugs&hugs&hugs&hugs&hugs&........
                            sigpic

Comment

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Right back at ya Rubes!!!!
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X