Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Starty,
    I hope I don't offend you by staring this thread? I am awake at the ungodly hour of 1am my time! I actually tried to start the thread two hours ago but lost my internet connection, mysteriously...

I hope everyone wakes up on the right side of the bed and has a wonderful Sunday. Late in the day yesterday I caught up with the thread and saw that Starty ran 3.8 miles (is that the right distance?) WOW WOW WOW I am totally impressed lady!!!

I had a great anniversary celebration with hubby. He took me out to dinner and it was quite romantic. I have so much love for this man....I need to be reminded of that and he is good at resurrecting the romance. Anyway, I feel like a lucky woman to have married such a caring, loving man!

I am going to bed soon but decided to start the thread since I was such a night owl tonight.
    Love to all to come, Krigs
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Kriggy! Thank you for starting the thread!!!
    Of COURSE no one is offended!!!

I am so pleased you and hubby are feeling better, you went through a rough patch didnt you?

I am impressed too Kriggy, I NEVER thought I could run like that again. Its only taken 4 weeks of training too. I feel inspired to keep going.

Today, its a beautiful day again, so immediately that makes me feel good to be alive!
    Great to see you at this time Kriggs!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Morning everyone. Lovely blue skies here in Cymru, but its cooold. Perfect weather for a walk in the park.
      Hope everyone has a good day.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Morning ALL and those to follow!

I'm in the process of writing my life story; which I have to read out to the group in SHARP this Wednesday. I've just had a bath and done some relaxation/meditation techniques to the sounds of Afro Celt Sound System. So I'm prepared for what may follow. It's a hard process as it's stirring lots of emotions within me while writing, Particularly in areas surrounding loss and grief. Thought I had dealt with a lot of that but it's just been buried like a lot of other stuff in my life. I'll get there though I know it. SHARP is the best thing that could of happened to me and it's making me face the person I am rather than the person I want to be. It's just so damn fucking tough at times when the person you thought you were is not you at all.

Have a great day all. I'm off to a C/A meeting tonight and I'm really starting to feel a part of instead of STILL on the outside looking in. I was at an amazing N/A convention last week-end and although I could feel the love and energy there I still could not feel a part of it for some reason. I still compare myself to others and try convince myself I'm better than other people and it's something I have only realised of late and something I am thoroughly ashamed of. That realisation though alone has helped me in so many ways and It's definitely helping me to integrate myself better and become more tolerant and less isolated in my own head.

So today I'm sending my love and energy to ALL my friends here at MWO and know that it is sincere.

Phil
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Hi Phil and Oney!

Phil, the greatest gift you can give yourself right now is time, time to get to know and accept yourself. I am still finding out things about me that I didnt know. Some things I like and some things are a little harder to accept. But its me and because it is, I need to nurture it.
          You do too.
          Its so good to see you moving forwards and accepting it aint all plain sailing.
          Love and energy sent right back at you.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Morning Troops, Krigs I am so happy for you. The best thing that ever happened in my life has been to marry a man who can truly be my partner...sounds like we both are very blessed in that way.
            Starts, I wish I could project myself over the POND to see you run that race..I really do. You have inspirited me. I may just have to start alittle running Me OWN SELF.
            CY, Everyday in every way, you make me feel so very proud.
            Hips, You are growing into what I believe is a true spiritual seeker...good choice !!!
            Oney, I am not sure that I told you this but Wayne himself would be so proud of how his teachings are rubbing off on you and that you keep his wisdom out there for all to see. I am not kidding...he really would be. He is an Alkie...if you didn't know. I first met him in 1979 when he was at lilydale promoting his book "your erroneous zones". He comes back there every year and I have come to know and respect him very much. He just had an embarrassing thing happen that he will have trouble living down. I will PM you details. It only makes me know that we are all human and if we were not still in need of learning then there would be no need to remain in the physical. It is comforting to know that even Wayne Dyer can make a bad choice and live thru it. I hope he is not made fun of tooo much over this. His work is so very important. I look forward to seeing him again this season.
            I had a restless nights sleep. Still struggling with my decision about my daughter....but I will not give in.
            Hope everyone has a joyful sober Sunday.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Good Morning Troops

My last day in beautiful Sarasota, Florida. We had a great time in Siesta Key yesterday. The water and waves were Incredible!! We did get a bit of sunburn despite all the sunblock that we put on. I may meet Caysea one more time before in leave. I have not have one drop of AL the entire time that I have been here, and my cigarette smoking has been half what it is at home. I hope you all have a lovely day. I am proud of you Starts, doing that running. I have been doing laps in the Hotel pool. I have a pool at home and if I don't lose my home, I am going to start swimming everyday. Love to all.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Hi Oney
                My Sister wanted me to ask you what the weather is like there in March and April. We are planning out trip for next year.

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Hi Sea, How was Busch gardens ??/ I love it there...especially "gorillas in the mist" and the BEER tent......LOL.

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Hi Evie
                    We didn't go to Busch Gardens because we wanted to do the "Up close tours" and you have to book those in advance. We did not know. We have been to Busch Gardens a few times so we decided to do other things. We went to the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens; just amazingly beautiful.

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Thanks Oney
                      Sister Sea agrees.lol

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

I've been to Shelby gardens...they are beautiful. I am so glad you're having a good time.
                        Have a safe trip home !!!

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

hi all,i do apoligise,gyco will be going to the hosp. tomorrow if all dont get betterthnx for your concern

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

morning/afternoon everybody hope all is well everywere,still having big problems with pc,its so annoying it looks like a tenanyway not much to say still doing good & moving forward,had a great holiday in portugal,wheather was great,put on 1ib & half,not to bad,back to training now,for the record i was 18st13ibs in feb (09)i am now 17st5ibs,hope to get to 15& half st,just another little goal along with the main one,hope to log on soon pc permitting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

ARMY THREAD April 5th

Hi Mario, I lost my PC for 3 days and went nearly insane !!!

Gyco my friend, I have had you in my prayers. Do what ever you need to do to get better...PLEASE !!
                              We all LOVE and CARE deeply for you...Take care of yourself !!

Comment

Working...
                              X