Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread Monday 6th April

Happy Monday everyone!
    Yet another gorgeous morning here & I'm feeling very chipper.
    Starters if you pop in, I'm going great guns with the no smokes - I really only want to smoke when I'm drinking anyway so cutting out both at the same time kinda works for me. I have gum here just in case...will probably be needed towards the end of the week (my previous drinking/smoking time)
    Pan - I saw you didn't meet up with your friends on the weekend, not to worry.
    Tawny - I googled the twig thing...it looks lovely.
    Where's everyone else?? Eski & Ezz - how you guys doing??
    G - making beautiful music somewhere??
    Crystal, Blondie & all our lovely friends from yesterdayland...come & say hello!!
    I'm off to practice my dark arts at the gym...namaste.

xo

Hi angel

Very quiet in here today. We have family over so I am not spending too much time on the net. Went out with them on sat night and we all got very drunk. In fact I don't think I have ever seen so many drunks in one spot. Disappointed that I also got drunk to join the other hundreds of drunks around me. I haven't drunk that much in over 10 years and I don't want to again. Went to the gym today, worked up a sweat in body attack and hopefully flushed a lot of toxins out.

Comment

Must have been the weekend for it. I had a shocker on Friday and Saturday.... But there's no point dwelling on it. I shall pick myself up and move on. Went to dinner with the girls last night and had a great night - lot's of laughs - not lots of drinks! Was good fun. The weekend was busy for me too. Think sometimes that's my downfall... too much going on. But I am going to pick myself up and start over.

Hope you're feeling better Ezz. Big hugs. My family are big drinkers too - it's hard not to get caught up in it sometimes. I'm kinda glad we don't see each other too much these days. So is my liver!

I hope everyone else is feeling good and had a good weekend.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes of our goals - Henry Ford

Will power, determination and friends can turn this :teeter: into this :wings:

Comment

I know what you both mean...just the thought of my family is enough to send me running to the bottle store. And I'm going home for a visit in June so I'm hoping to have my shit together by then...

Comment

Oh, all this drink talk. It's enough to send one running off to the bottle shop.

Angel, I will catch up with my friends sometime this week. They're not going anywhere...

Hope everyone has had a good day. This is the first chance I've had to be on the computer. Not much of a day today. Sunny, grey, rain, depending whereabouts in town one happens to be. But still warm, so cannot complain.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Angel, GREAT GOING on the smokes !!!! Very proud of you!

Ezz and Eski, I know that feeling of needing to drink around family..it has taken me a while, but I no longer need to now. Good luck.

Pan, enjoy your day whatever the weather.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evening All,
              Just got back from Sydney.
              Angel, keep up the excellent work with the no smoking. Yep, it is a bit easier when you don't drink.
              What's the twig thing with Tawny?

Comment

Hey Pan!!! Don't you dare go to a bottle shop... not after 60 days plus!!! You must be feeling absolutely TERRIFIC!!

Comment

Hi Starts and Rags

Day nearly over Starts.

Hope you enjoyed your time in Sydney Rags.

Tawny is making a lampshade, courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens, Fri night.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Nah, I was only joking Rags.
                    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Evening all!
                      Nice w/kend had here, and yes Angel, made some err, well, questionable music, but all art is valid, and it means something to someone, somewhere, umm, doesn't it?
                      Hope every one is having a positive start to the week, and headaches (haha) are clearing.
                      Be well.............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ahhh, Tawny is such a talented gel!

Comment

Working...
                        X