Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing With Life

Hi All
    I was just thinking back to the day before I stooped drinking and some of the circumstances.I can now clearly see how not only is the stop drinking switch broken in me but what else contributed to this problem over the years. I had made my normal stop for my evening 6 pac to add to what I already had to drink that day. The clerk knew me not personally but from stooping in so often.We B.S. for a couple of min and I was on my way. Getting home I started having my beers only to wind up in an argument with my wife[I wonder why?].Finishing my beer I headed back to buy more.Well the clerk knew I was only in an hour and a half ago and said whats up.I said the wife pissed me off got to get another 6 pac.I view the clerk as a kid he is probably around 25 and here I am 56 at the time. He said when my wife gets me mad I go out fishing.
    All my life the al has been my means of coping the first thing i turned to when not comfortable.This had to change .It has, I am at an old age finally learning to deal with life without al. Not always pleasant but necessary.What brought this up today is a couple of days ago i met a fellow member and as we were talking she said how she didn't have her coping skills in place in the past and a couple of events hit her and sent her back.I know their will be life events in my future to deal with aging parent, grown children with what life deals them. I will always remember what that clerk said "I go fishing" he had a positive means to deal with life.For now my physical fitness and tennis are a means of coping. Which is good but what if I don't have them because of a set back in my health.I think today i will start to look for other positive activities that will add to my life.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Dealing With Life

yeah i have to say being 17 months into af ...
    life will always have its up's and down's ..
    but its all in the way you want to handle them ...
    hey cay theres a place right down the street you can take your kayak to the backwood of the intercoastal .. good fishing too come on over ..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
    X