Yoga, I loved it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoga, I loved it!!!!

Anyone else tried Yoga? Even with my back issues I was able to do most of the positions!!! Felt so good to be back in a "health" setting again. Plus the calmness and meditation part was theraputic, almost a bit weird. Think I found a nice 'outlet" for stress. CJ
    CJ

Yoga, I loved it!!!!

excellent!

That's wonderful you found something so helpful, CJ. I always dismissed Yoga as being kind of trendy, but when my running coach started adding yoga stretches to our strength class, I discovered how wonderful it is, too. Discovery is another yoga buff, and I know how at peace she has said she feels, body and soul, after a class. Right Kim? I might just sign up for yoga after this running is done to stay in shape during the winter. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Yoga, I loved it!!!!

I love yoga!

I love it too because there is so much behind it that you can use in real everyday life. The poses are only one of the 8 limbs of yoga--and there is a class for everyone. There is power yoga, but I also love the gentler forms--I spent 6 months in a class with a woman who had an oxygen tank! Yoga can be done by everyone!

I honestly can say that a good yoga class is better than a massage and much, much cheaper!

Comment

Yoga, I loved it!!!!

Becca, it would be good in the winter months especially! me too thought of it as trendy and a bit far out there, but it takes strength and makes you relax. My neuro surgeon even said it was safe. You're right, Discovery on the cheaper than a massage!! plus it is more social orientated and helps strengthen muscles along with the relaxation. I'd like to try water aerobics next along with keeping a yoga routine going. There are ways to keep active after 50 with osteoarthritis!
        CJ

Comment

Working...
        X