Staying Positive or . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the weather has been sooo Wonderful this passed week or so that we put my mini greenhouse out on the deck. I have some starter plants just popping up . . . makes a body so happy to know we can grow stuff. (Good stuff that is lol).

And then . . . . . BAM, the Shiett Hits the Fan or is it the Snow Hits the Screens. A bleeping *~%$@& ~ freak snow storm and I can't even see outside because the gusting winds have blown the snow and covered all of the windows. Plus, Mr. Wonderful SnowPlowMan blockes the driveway with all that Winter Wonderland Fluffy White Stuff. Hubby left before the storm so he made it out of the driveway.

Gotta think positive so went outside to play with my Dayna girl (doggie). I almost wanna go and make a big fat SnowMan but it will melt tomorrow or the next day so never mind . . .

Oops sorry I just felt like writing, hope you don't mind it's kinda isolated here.

Oh yes, and thank goodness I brought the mini greenhouse w/ plants back in the house last night.

Spring is so unpredicable ! Will handle it the best we can ! Ha ! IAD.........Opening Day in Baltimore today @ 4:00 today ! Baseball.......is back in town.....everything is right with the world ! ha! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

LOL

The Game has been CANCELLED due to Poor Running Conditions L.O.L. :nutso:

No but seriously now I have that stupid song in my head . . . "Take Me Out to the Ball Game, (I don't care if I ever get back).

Soooorrrry I couldn't help myself.

Comment

I am sorry for your baby plants...keep them safe !!! Spring will return...I PROMISE. I was raised near Buffalo so I understand the frustration..Every year I would take the plants out..bring the plants in..Back and forth til around the middle of May...Oh how I miss those days....NOT !!!! Even here in Florida we are have a very bad weather day...windy and cold...I KNOW, you feel NO PITY FOR ME...WHAT SO EVER..
        Well wait a month or so when I am posting that I am suffocating in the high humidity and high 90s heat..then it's your turn to rub it in...
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Spring has sprung the grass has rise . . .

Hi Evie, I have never been to Florida, I have always heard good things about the weather there. Except when the grocery stores say that an unexpected frost has arrived and ruined the oranges so prices for Juice and Oranges will increase. That sucks . . .

I am hoping to visit the Sunny State next year. My sister and her hubby are going there for 7 or 8 weeks. So if I'm lucky I'll get to go with my hubby too.

I hear you about the back and forth efforts to keep the plant healthy, a lot of work indeed but worth it for me. Plus it keeps me out of trouble.

Bye the way I love your threads and posts . . .

Comment

It was a record cold of 39 degrees last night....My living room is full of our tender plants...not taking any chance. I had nurtured a whole bunch of different orchids for many years and an unexpected frost hit and killed them ALL....BOO WHOOOOO !!!It will be back up in the 70s in a few days so my plants can VACATE my livingroom....LOL
            What part of Florida do you plan to visit ? I recommend that you visit Florida from Oct. thru April...the summer months can be brutal ...especally for peeps who aren't used to the heat AND humidity. After a few years your blood thins out to be something like strawberry kool aid and then it's not so brutal...The beach is pretty much ALWAYS nice...except for the occasional hurricane !!!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
            X