Stranded at the Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranded at the Airport

What a Nightmare! We were too late to check in for our flight at 5:40am, because we got directions from Google which were all wrong and we had to gas up the rental car, but could not find a gas station. We have been on standby at Tampa airport since that time this morning and have not been able to get out of here. I swear, if my Sister was not with me, I would have been in a bar drinking these 14 hours away. I will be home someday folks. I miss you all!!!!
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Stranded at the Airport

Seac. I'm right with you. Hey, as far as my history prior to trying to go AF is concerned, the airport and drinking go hand in hand. Along with flying. "When IS that stewardess going to come around and do I have my $5 for a little bottle of white wine?" Hope your trip has significantly improved.

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

I hate Tampa airport all that construction its no wonder you were late. I always prepay for a tank and last April when I had to drop off the rental I had to pull over and get some gas because there were no signs as to how far the airport was. Its totally a mess down there, this year we are going back to Siesta key but driving all the way. I hate driving that far but my hubby wants to do a road trip.

Sammys

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

So sorry this happened to you my friend !!!!
        I have been there and done that and ended up in a bar...good on you for just putting up with it ....
        Hope you get home SOON and SAFE !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Seacallin I hear ya . . .

Hi Sea, Things will get better, everything will fall into place as it should.
          Stay Strong . . .

Best of the Best to ya Sea . . . In time you'll look back and find there was a reason for this experience. Safe Trip and God Bless !

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

oh sorry to hear that sea .. enjoy the time and you will have alot to laugh about later ...good menories
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

hang in there Seacailin! I've been stuck at way too many airports way too many times. ugh!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Oh Sea getting stuck at the airport is the WORST...I just wanna smack someone behind that counter when the board says the planes been delayed another 4 hrs...but what can you do?
                I'm glad you're with your sister...and it could be a little worse...you could have young kids with you - that SUX.

xo

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Hey Sea. Sorry to hear about your delay. I HATE airports at the best of times. Hope you've found something to fill the time in. At least not long to go now....
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Waiting around like that is the worse! I'm looking forward to seeing you on Airport USA!!
                    Thoughts and prayers with ya sea.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Hi Sea

Hi sea
                      Sorry to read about the mix up at the airport.The construction is a pain around their.This is one of the bumps in the road that can test us.Glad to hear you are being strong.Just enjoy the good memories you have of the visit and being with your family.They will be forever this is temporary.Was nice to meet you and gain some insight from someone who had achieved long time sobriety and will again.The aspect of coping skills has really got me thinking and planning for the future.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                      AF 5-16-08
                      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                      AF 5-16-08

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

29 hours later and I am home.lol
                        My Sis and I finally got a flight to Dulles airport in Washington, D.C. We got there around 10 last night. The flight to New Hampshire was full and there were no more flights out. My Sis and I spent the night at a nice hotel in Fairfax, Virginia, about 20 minutes from the airport. The airlines gave us a nice discount. We got about 5 hours of sleep, and back to the airport. Very nice, smooth flight home to NH. The airline delivered my suitcase to my son Christopher's house, but he will bring it to me this evening. All my Sis and I could do was burst into fits of laughter about everything that was happening to us. We had a couple of nice meals, did some shopping. LOL, Cy. What is Airport, USA?
                        Caysea, was so GREAT to meet you. Someday, we may be neighbors.lol. I just LOVE it down there. I was very happy that I did not drink. I am feeling very good and healthy. I got alot of great exercise down there.
                        Sammy the waves at Siesta Key are AMAZING!!! We all wore heavy duty sunblock and still got burned, so BEWARE. Have a great time.
                        I came to all kinds of crap from the mortgage company. I was expecting it, and will deal. Back to the Real world.:upset:
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Glad your home Sea, SAFE and SOBER !!! I have relatives in Fairfax.. I was just down there...aren't the cherry blossoms gorgeous ??? i used to live in Naples and loved the waters of the gulf...So glad you had a good time !!!
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Welcome home Seabers!
                            This break has done you the world of good it seems....
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Stranded at the Airport

Hi sea! Welcome back! Glad you got away and had a good time. Good on ya for keeping AF and a sense of humor in the flight delima!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X