Strange Dreams, I hope they end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm on Day 2 of being AF (after a very emotional and rough binge this time).

My husband thought I had stopped drinking on Sunday, but hid it and drank while he wasn't watching. How he didn't figure it out is beyond me!

I took everyones advice and made a mad dash for the vitiman store so it wouldn't be painful and I could make it more than a few days. Boy did they every make such a huge difference!

The first night I didn't sleep good (as expected, not new to detox). I went to bed on time last night snuggled in feeling pretty good. I couldn't have been a sleep long.

I remember the dream was intense and fast, almost dizzy. I was drinking and I felt drunk (I mean I really felt drunk) and every scernio I could think of was flashing around me, getting fired, my boss finding out, my husband leaving. I was trying to wake up in my dream but I couldn't everyone else was happy. It felt like it went on forever.

When I did wake up I thought I was drunk in real awake world. I was so shaken that I just laid there and had to think so hard what day it was and did I drink last night..

Does this happen alot to people. I mean I've had bad dreams while drinking and when I've been AF for days and weeks, but this one was extremely intense that I've been distrubed all day.

Oh then afterwards I had mini scary dreams through the night.
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

I had many nights of terrible dreams after stopping the drink. It seemed to happen every time that i quit. It took a few weeks and then I would still get an occasional DRINKING DREAM...I would wake up in a panic thinking that I was drinking again. I think it is just your brain readjusting to a sober way of living. It gets better...MUCH, MUCH BETTER....HONEST IT DOES !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Well done on day 1 AF Prov!
      Yeah I think the dreams can be pretty hairy for a while. If I consider I used to fall into bed some nights I was half dead let alone dreaming or remembering them...so I look on it as a positive thing. If I've dreamt & I remember that means I wasn't drunk when I went to bed.
      Better in your dreams than in reality no?

Comment

I understand that it is very common to have drinking dreams early in our sobriety. I know that I had an extremely vivid drinking dream on the night of my 8th AF day. Can remember it like it was yesterday. And then several in the weeks following. I attributed it to the fact that - this time - I was totally committed and I believe it served as a great warning to me, as to how easily we can slip, if we aren't always on guard - concerning relapse. Congratulations on you AF committment!
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
        X