lets get a hot line started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK here's an idea just hear me out .. i have been thinking about this for a long time ..I'm thinking we need a hot line .. and the hot line consist of us being there for one another..have the buddy system infect ..give your number to those in need and to those in need please feel free to ask for help .. stop waiting to the last minute ..when you already have that bottle in hand.. use the number before you get that far .. when you start to feel that craving or start to feel that uncontrollable life moment happening .. let me know what you think.. GIVE ME YOUR INPUT PLEASE LET FIGHT THIS FIGHT TOGETHER..

IF ANYONE WANTS MY NUMBER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ..PM ME ANYTIMR OR EMAIL ME AT goodspirits33316@yahoo.com
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Well when someone is struggling and I'm on line I PM them do they wish me to call. And some have, but I don't think publishing numbers is a good idea.... I mean what if someone calls and I think it's one of my sexline clients? :H

Comment

Either way, hon, you would save them from drinking....

Now, what was your number again?......

Comment

Good idea, but there would be some bugs to work out, for safety reasons. I want to help everyone out there, but have been caught in some uncomfortable situations. Let's brainstorm over it! Anyone can PM me anytime.
        Rubes
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I don't think anyone would bother asking my advise Mr. T...........LOL... but I think you are a wonderful man for thinking of how to help others...
          You are one of the people that I most look up to on this site and if I were in trouble it would be very comforting to know i could call you...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind be available if someone just needed to talk, even though I hit potholes. I'm always good for a weekday call :]
            Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!

:beach:

Comment

Hi All
              T I think this is a good idea the nuts and bolts of it we all have to discuss and figure out. I really could have used someone in the beginning when the cravings used to hit and the triggers gave me problems.

Stay Healthy and keep fighting
              AF 5-16-08
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

kool we have alot of help here now where is everyone from ..that might make it alittle easier ..just because i know this is a very big site and there are so many all over the world ..
                the reason i posted it twice one in gd section and the other in just starting out..i wanted to make sure it would be seen
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Nice idea but there's concern with giving out phone numbers. I think what people need to do is establish a trust level with certain members via private mail, then as that on-line relationship and trust develops they can then choose to exchange numbers if they desire.

It's a wonderful idea but...

Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

A good idea is for the person to call the person who wants help/to talk and withhold there number. If they are confident after a call or 2 they can get the person to call them.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

i would be all for this idea,but i don't know how i would be helpful to any body else,but as i said i would give it a try,if i thought i could be helpful i certainly would

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I can always try to help

Great idea T......... I wouldcalways try to be there if anyone needs to talk before taking that dreaded first drink that gets us (me) in trouble. In as that is what we do.........I have TONS of numbers in my phone right now........ No excuse, though I still screw up.

I am all for it w/ discretion of course.

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I got Mr T's number and will sale it for a fee....hehehhehe He has saved me a few times...it is good to have a VOICE sometimes...
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                          X