Would be need if we could do surveys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I've seen on other random forums, it would be neat if we could make little polls where we can sample people's opinions, thoughts, circumstances, etc.

I am really impressed by all the features this forum does have, but I think it would be neat to see, for example, the men/women ratio, the proportions of people in different age groups, the percentages of the most prevalent AL poisons of choice, population breakdown based on years of drinking, breakdown of the most days AF, the most prevalent triggers to drink, body weight versus tolerance level/withdrawal severity. Oh, I could think of all kinds of interesting metrics that would be good for people to see and figure out where they fit in the spectrum.. It'd be another way to reinforce the feeling, in quantitative terms, that not one of us are alone!

Let's talk the admins into doing it!! I think it would be cool! :coolbubble::anyone:
    "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Sounds good to me. I'd participate, but would have no idea how to do one!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I tend to focus on how much we are alike (as Alcoholics) and pay very little attention to the differences. It feels like that would tend to break us down into groups even further ??? It seems to me that this forum has been accused of being tooo cliquish already ???...BUT that's just me. Maybe others want to know those things ???
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

You can do polls on this site too.

Comment

I am not sure if those statistics would have any relevance to our recovery.

Comment

I think if you're a subscriber to the forum, you can create a poll.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Well then, I should've known that the ability to make a poll was in here somewhere, being that the forum has all the other bells and whistles.

Irish eyes: if you look about, there is a lot of content here that doesn't necessarily have relevance to recovery. It is about community, enjoying our diversity and commonalities, and developing genuine supportive relationships. As I hope you realize, recovery from alcoholism is a multifaceted endeavor. Sometimes people come here to pass the time and avoid relapse. Why is it that we have a joke thread? Surely this is not to provide any direct influence on recovery.
              "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Comment

Rejuve,
                I used to work in statistics a zillion years ago.

Comment

rejuvenator;589192 wrote: Well then, I should've known that the ability to make a poll was in here somewhere, being that the forum has all the other bells and whistles.

Irish eyes: if you look about, there is a lot of content here that doesn't necessarily have relevance to recovery. It is about community, enjoying our diversity and commonalities, and developing genuine supportive relationships. As I hope you realize, recovery from alcoholism is a multifaceted endeavor. Sometimes people come here to pass the time and avoid relapse. Why is it that we have a joke thread? Surely this is not to provide any direct influence on recovery.
                  Relax Rejuvenator I am entitled to my opinion. Regarding the joke thread I believe that laughter is good for the soul and so aids recovery.

Comment

Working...
                  X