Off topic but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic but...

Does anyone know anything about "trigger finger". Ortho wants to do surgery on my thumb, dominant hand which is painful and making normal life difficult. Eeek! Anyone have any experience with this? Also rest of fingers are wanting to be arthritic. I'm wondering if it is a physical manifestation of an emotional issue but don't know how to pursue that.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Off topic but...

Nup, can't help you with that one.
    Arthritis has been creeping round my joints for a while now... you ought to see my index fingers. Never ask me to point straight ahead!!!
    Alcohol can have an affect in your joints. Have a google and see what you can find. Maybe it's that, or just (gulp) the ageing process. Sorry I can't help.

Comment

Off topic but...

Sorry Greenie, I have no idea either, but have you tried any joint supplements like glucosamine, MSM or chondroitin? Also, the Omega oils to help lubricate the joints, and reduce inflammation?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Off topic but...

ouch!

Causes

By Mayo Clinic staff

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Trigger finger

The cause of trigger finger is a narrowing of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger. Tendons are fibrous cords that attach muscle to bone. Each tendon is surrounded by a protective sheath ? which in turn is lined with a substance called tenosynovium. The tenosynovium releases lubricating fluid that allows the tendon to glide smoothly within its protective sheath as you bend and straighten your finger ? like a cord through a lubricated pipe.
        But if the tenosynovium becomes inflamed from repetitive strain injury or overuse or due to inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, the space within the tendon sheath can become narrow and constricting. The tendon can't glide through the sheath easily, at times catching the finger in a bent position before popping straight. With each catch, the tendon itself becomes irritated and inflamed, worsening the problem. With prolonged inflammation, scarring and thickening (fibrosis) can occur and bumps (nodules) can form.
        Risk factors Symptoms
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Off topic but...

I take supps. I saw some ideas on-line last night. But I have been in denial for a long time. I wish I had addressed it earlier. But I didn't. So I will do some things first. :upset:
          I wish I had some snake oil or something!
          sigpic

Comment

Off topic but...

Greenie,

Have a friend who is an attorney and also a pianist. He has had one for years. Very often it is the ring finger. Have you asked Rhonda? I would! Just a suggestion...
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Off topic but...

I did and she said my "self" didn't talk about it. She said sometimes the protocol my systems wants will cover things without mentioning them. A tooth was mentioned thet didn't have any symptoms ended up with a root canal around the time she said it would need to be checked. so with something that is hurting, you'd think it would "speak up". I'll call her anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Off topic but...

Maybe the pain, is it's way of speaking up... Interesting. Maybe go for an initial dr. appt. and then run by her, what the dr. suggests as far as treatment. See if she concurrs.
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Off topic but...

Greenie, Edgar Cayce's Castor oil packs might help ??? Check his web site or you can call the library at A.R.E and they will gladly guide you...at least they have always been helpful to me and others that I have sent there. It worked for Hubby's hand. I would maybe try the Cayce way before committing to surgery ???
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X