The Next Day Thread Good Friday 10th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, well the sky is lovely clear blue.
    Starts I did end up having 3 glasses of wine last night - not great but not dreadful & to be honest I didn't enjoy them one bit. So I'm back to being AF again.
    Mr G you are totally right my friend and it's something I need to work on - my attitude is changing as I continue learning. I'm so grateful for you & everyone here.
    Hi Pan - have a great Easter too...Mr Pan'll be there soon I think. Oh, and alert to the next line (animal welfare officer)
    Sweaty - a monkey beating stick?? LOL
    Hi to everyone else have a Happy & safe Good Friday.
    Love to you all.

xo

Hey Angel
    I didnt mean my comments to sound stroppy its just that I just know from experience that once you buy the bottle the show is over rover and then you say ah feck it - in for a penny in for a pound (well that would have been me anyway). The main thing is that you didnt go overboard so that is good. Did you smoke? The thing with changing your mind set is rather than thinking oooh I would love a glass of wine like as if it is the most normal thing in the world (which for lots of people it is) instead chose to recognise it as a craving - just let it in and say oh there you are craving I see you I know what you are doing - and dont let it disguise itself as something else that you deserve. A bit like a boxed jelly fish that yous Aussies have - it looks like a gift wrapped present but really its a stinger! Also in retrospect I think the early cravings I got were for nicotine but AL was the delivery system so mentally my brain thought lets trick her into have a glass of wine and then she will give us the nicotine as well. Clever bastards those addiction brain cells. We have to be on our guard to stay one step ahead of them!
    BH

Comment

Morning Angel and BH, and all to come!
      Angel, your attitude sounds like a winning one, if you 'tested the waters' with a couple of wines last night, and didn't go the whole hog. For me, i needed to experiment a bit, with af/drink/on/off/on/off etc, to see where i was at with my mind and the grog. Once the evidence was irrefutable, and there was no disputing that for me, it was all or nothing, then my path was clear, and easy (ish).
      Great to see you Boozy!, and yep, those addictive little brain cells are dangerously clever. I didn't know i was so smart!
      Have a great w/kend everyone!..oh, look.....the sun's just started to shine in Melbourne town! yay.......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello, hello. Beautiful day here. It's supposed to be raining all along the coast, but not here. Tourists everywhere. I know we need 'em but...

Angel, I really didn't think you'd bow to the wine. But at least you are working out what you want to do. Hope you didn't smoke? I only say that because giving them up again, I think, is the hardest.

Mr Pan arrives tonight. I still haven't had a drink yet and I really wanted to test my control while I was on my own. Oh well, was not to be. I just haven't had time to sit down and enjoy one.

Betts, hope Dubai was everything you hoped.

Angel, as for the monkey stick, well thanks for the warning LOL like mad, but sometimes one just has to be prepared. I'm sure Betty wouldn't BASH a monkey - just scare it away.

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter. I will catch up with you all when I can.
        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
        AF May 23 09 to July 09
        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hi all, Just taken the kids on a ferry ride & to the sushi train...I'm knackered.
          Boozy - it's OK to sound stroppy, sometimes I think it's needed around here...we can't just airy fairy along doing the same things and for it to be OK to keep making the same mistakes. And I know that your intentions are to help - thats how I take it anyway. Unfortunately I got your message after I got back from the shopping - but it's another lesson learnt and next time I will just eat toast for the weekend if I can't trust myself! And it's so true - no booze no nic.
          Mr G there was more wine left & I switched to tea after a couple, but I really didn't stick to my plan.
          And Pan yes, I did have a couple of ciggies - but they're all gone now. Hey, it's pretty great - you didn't get the time to sit down & enjoy a drink...

happy arvo all.
          xo

Comment

Good evening all. Hope you all had a great Friday.
            Angel...My own personal experience with alcohol, and my recovery is that, yes we are I'll. Alcoholism is a disease. For me it comes in 2 parts. The mental obsession to drink and then the physical allergy of drinking when we do. For me, getting rid of the mental obsession to drink means I don't pick up that first drink, and therefore the physical craving stays away. It has stopped me wanting a drink and becoming that dry drunk, irritable, restless and discontent.
            Have a wonderfull, peacefull good Friday sleep everyone. X
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Guys
              Angel, the road to sobriety is a learning experience, you have just learnt was doesnt work for you. Remember that feeling. I know for me, I kept on and on testing the waters, making myself drink more and more. Jot down how those couple of glasses really made you feel, if you are tempted again, you know it simply isnt worth it.

Pan, maybe thats telling you that you really dont want to drink? Good for you, and say "Hi" to Mr Pan from me!
              Boozy, you are like me with the in for a penny thing. My motto was always "Ive started, so I'll finish"
              Mr G, enjoy that sunshine!
              Cyborg, I'll catch you on the Army thread!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
              X