Army Thread April 12 Easter Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Easter Sunday all you beautiful people! Obvioiusly I am not sleeping so I get to start the thread. After a thrilling, fulfilling, and terrifying trip to the cabin over the last few days with Hubs and 2 of our g'daughters, we're back to enjoy (?) a family day with our immediate and extended families today. At least the weather is supposed to be nice, and the children will get a chance to hunt the colored eggs on the same hillside their g'grandparents used to hide them years before.My g'daughters were allowed to choose between which g'mother's house they wanted to go to for lunch and the egg hunt, because we're both having ours at the same time, and the girls chose mine, Lord love 'em. I can't wait to see them all together.It is so wonderful to celebrate the holidays in sobriety, many for the first time in years. I thank MWO and my friends here for the support and strength to see this happen. Hoping you all have a wonderful, fulfilling day!
    Rubes:l
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Ruby, congratulations! If the g'kids picked you, it is better than winning a lottery, right?
    Have a great Easter and enjoy your g'daughters!
    Zum

Comment

A good morning and happy Easter Sunday to all.
      Had a great day yesterday, but walked sooo much, my feet are killing me this morning. I shattered both my ankles when I was 19, and they can play up after some serious walking!
      I think yesterdays thread was the shortest in history!
      Have a great day with the kids rubes. I'm having Erin over later, and were going to do an Easter hunt too. Cadburys cream eggs for mine, cause I love em!
      Have a wonderfull day everyone. X
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Mmmmmmm, Cadbury's! I love them too, but have to be careful about the candy quotient w/my daughter's kids since they are such healthy eaters. We'll have 4-5 dozen boiled, dyed eggs and some prize eggs. One year, I had hidden prize plastic eggs with gold-colored coins in them. We'll be eating every kind of boiled eggs all week!
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Erin doesn't like cream eggs! There is a method in my madness aunty rubes!! I haven't had a boiled egg in ages.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

OK, I must try for a nap again. This will be a long day. I feel blessed to have my family together, especially after having them all go thru the brunt of the storms here on Saturday. We were lucky to have no deaths in our state, but much property loss and damage. Sitting in that basement with two wide-eyed little girls, while the hail pelted down and piled up outside, I was so glad to be sober and sane, able to be calm and comforting to them. After it was all over, and I showed them the light coming from behind the retreating storm clouds, the smallest one said, "Mimi, storms aren't so bad when someone is talking to you and making you laugh." Thank God I was able to do that. See you on the other side!
            sigpic

Comment

A big happy Easter Sunday to everyone! It was a beautiful day here, with more beautiful autumn weather on the way for Monday. Hello Zum, and have a safe, fun weekend all...................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ruby, you are absolutely glowing!....Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hey Mr G. Happy easter. Wheres the next day thread?
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hey Cy, Happy Easter to you too mate. I've no idea where the next day thread is. I think Pan and Angel are probably flat out with the easter festivities, as are other's, and i've been out and about. Unfortunately my ancient pc freezes up, when i try to start a thread! However, i can tell you this....the next day just gets better and better!

Comment

Happy Easter to ALL, Busy day here at the Inn. This place will be "hop hop HOPPING " like a BUNNY today. The Parade passes right in front of us .......so we have tons of "instant family" that flock to our front yard every time there is a parade. Maybe I shall hide from them this year ?????.....LOL
                      Amazing that they all come, sit on our porches, bring their folding chairs, coolers, tanning lotion ETC..........make themselves at home and then leave a major mess behind....not to be seen again until the next parade. It is always a day of celebration because easter marks the end of the tourist season.......YEAH !!!!
                      Oh well...maybe I am a tad GRUMPY today. Still have pain from the Spider bite.
                      Hope everyone has a day of joy and don't eat toooo much candy...bad for the teeth .........LOL
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I'm awake again and working on Easter foods and treats. I sure everything will be quiet again today, so talk to you all later! Now go find those eggs!
                        sigpic

Comment

My doggie ate my easter candy boo-hoo! I took her to the doggie park yesterday where you let your doggies off their leashes and they play together. We haven't been for a while and she got a bit nervous with all the other doggies sniffing her at the same time and got diahrea on her fluffy white tail feathers. Ewww... :H
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I've heard that excuse, Greenie! 'My dog ate my homework', 'My dog ate my shoes', 'My dog ate my underwear'............oh well! Who REALLY ate the candy eggs? LOL!! Did you get any weather Sat night? We sure the H did!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ours was Friday night! Like a feckin' hurricane!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X