The Next day thread Monday 13th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, did the Easter Bunny come?? My kids ate about a kg of chocolate each yesterday...was never allowed in my house when growing up and I hate to let them eat so much crap but it's only one day in the year.
    Didn't get a chance to log on yesterday - I hope everyone's well & happy?
    Mr Cakes & I saw 'The Boat that Rocked' last night - was very funny...will be fishing out my old Rolling Stones cds today!
    Betty - Bummer it's not a holiday in Singers today.
    How's everyone else doing??

xo

Good morning Angel, and all to come. Yes, the easter bunny came, and we had roast rabbit for dinner. mmmmmm. Just joking if any kiddies are reading!
    Beautiful weather here yesterday, and should be today too. Have caught up with the gardening (feckin weeding) with a vengeance this w/kend, and enjoying the break, getting lot's of little things done, and chillin'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi G - sounds like a great weekend. I bet your garden looks great - I harvested the first of the silverbeet on Thurs....such a good feeling to head down to the patch & pick the dinner. I always feel like I should be wearing a floral frock & collecting the greens in my apron for some reason...!!

Comment

Hi all you 'tomorrows'! I've just gotten home from our Easter festivities and I'm pooped! (see my Army post!) Today was warm, sunny, and windy, but tomorrow we expect more storms. I just hope no more like last Friday! They were terrifying!!! Hope everyone has a great Monday!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Rubes, I hope you had a lovely time w the gkiddies!

Comment

It was fantastic. I have chocolate kisses all over me!!!!
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hiya Ruby! Great to hear! Angel, get that floral frock to collect your garden veggies. I reckon Mr. Cakes will love it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Ruby, i've just read about your storms. I'm glad you and your's are ok. I particularly like the tale you told, on the army thread i think, about you and G/kids sheltering from the storm.........very cute.

Comment

Our basement is carved into solid granite. We have a corner in back where we have a sheet of plywood leaning over a mattress, to be used in the most extreme conditions. This came close to one of those times, but we all came out calmly and enjoyed the rest of the evening!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone
                    my visitors have left. The easter bunny has been and left a stash of chocolate. The kids are excited, especially my boy as he loves chocolate but he doesn't always get it. Mr G, we are with you on the garden, so much work to do. Fingers crossed for some rain here today, it has been a very hot easter in Perth.

Comment

Morning all!

Its not a public Holiday but the kids are off school so nice easy start to the day. G, I really like rabbit meat - haven't had it for ages - not much of it about in Singers, plenty of frogs to eat though! I've enjoyed reading all your family Easter stories, and I'll admit I'm a tiny bit homesick. Not too bad though because I'm going back for visit soon. Start of 4 weeks AF for me today - I just feel better AF!

Enjoy Easter Monday all!

Bx
                      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hello again. Anyone around. It's been a VERY quiet Easter. We've been in aa severe drought for several years here, Ezzmae, but it's been raining like crazy the last couple of months, thank goodness, even tho it brings the big storms. I really hate the drought and wildfires, since we're usually pretty even in our climate. BTW, does anyone know why Karl's post was pulled? I answered him and he may very well have not liked my opinion, but I don't know if something was said that made them pull it, since I was gone several hours, and it was gone when I got back.
                        sigpic

Comment

What part of world are you in, S.B.?
                          sigpic

Comment

We have a few big bushfires burning around perth at the moment. We are really hoping for rain. I love rabbit meat also but my kids are in love with the Easter Bunny. Especially Mr 4, he puts a lot of thought into what he thinks the easter bunny looks like.
                            As a result of my visitors and some sports injuries I have gained over 1kg in the last week. I just ate and ate and ate, and barely did any exercise. I am looking forward to getting back to myself this week. I am also planning on doing 30 days AF, i'll be joining you today SB.

Comment

Ezzmae, I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts about the fires. We just went thru a day of terrific storms and killer tornadoes on Friday, but we just took refuge in our rock-surrounded basement. Hundreds lost their homes, some towns were almost wiped out, several were killed, including a mother and her newborn, but the tornado was on radar but passed over us. It seemed prophetic, on the Friday before Easter, to have death passover. Anyway, I pray you and yours are safe. I raise rabbits, and I like it fried and in stew. How do you cook it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X