Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Affirmations Do You Use With Hypnosis CD's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just realized yesterday, after craving a chilled glass of white wine for nearly two weeks, that I need to add:

I don't care for white wine.

to my affirmations.

Others I use:

I enjoy exercise.
    I like to drink water.
    I no longer drink alcohol.

What affirmations do you insert in that part of the hynosis CD's?

P.S. My arms are VERY heavy.
    Diane M.

Dieann, this is just a suggestion. Personally, I don't use negatives in my suggestions. For example, I don't crave white wine. There is a school of thought that believes that when your mind hears words such as can't, don't won't it deletes them. So you are putting the word "wine" in your mind, and many times, we will focus on "wine" insted of "don't".

How about something like - I crave fruit juice (water, seltzer - fill in your beverage of choice). Then when you get your wine craving, your mind thinks, "I'm really craving fruit juice - that's what I want!".

I also say things like:

I see beauty every time I look in the mirror.
    Drinking water gives me energy.
    Exercise is my favorite past time.
    I am very lovable.
    I am very organized and productive.
    I love making healthy choices.
    I easily am satisfied with small amounts of food.
    I easily push my plate away when i am satisified.

I don't do this on the same day. It depends - if I listen before my work day, I try to put productive and organized. Otherwise, whatever will be pertinent to the time of day that I am doing it.

Barb

Comment

Yes, I had thought about the negative.

How about: White wine tastes like urine.

???

I know I have others about drinking water and juice and enjoying feeling good, etc. I need to make a list so that I can pick the ones I particularly "need" before hypnosis. Maybe brainstorm this weekend about it.
      Diane M.

Comment

Dieann,
        Oh my that was funny and very cerebral, I would have said. "White Wine taste like pee". :H

My affirmations are not really negative, but they are firm. Mine are more like "that buzzed feeling you get from drinking to much does not make you feel good, it makes you feel sick" stuff like that.

But here is one I wanted to do, but decided against it. I wanted to put in my affirmations that I couldn't go to sleep without flossing my teeth, but then I was afraid I would get stuck somewhere without floss and have to find a Walmart in the middle of the night.

Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

It seems to be working! White wine cravings are GONE!
          Diane M.

Comment

Working...
          X