Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread Tuesday 14th April

Morning all, had a great sleep.
    I'm off to a new class at the gym today (Attack for those that know it) - it looks scary, a LOT of jumping around & very cardio intese which is not my strong point...
    Have a great day all.

xo

Is that like p*mp at all?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Angel, Starter's, and all to come. Betty and Ezz, all the best with your 30 day kick off today. You know you can do it!
      Angel, is this day 2 for you? Good stuff!....What's your plan?
      Have a great day everyone, and a safe, happy, and sober week! (feck, better get a wriggle on, or i'll miss pump...).................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Starts - Attack is more cardio than the dark art!!! But enuff of that!

G - I've just reread the 'deprivation mode' into 'gratitude mode' thing again in the toolbox thread...I really have to meditate on it for a while, it's good stuff. I'm also thinking about contacting the Salvos they have this video/journal thing that looks interesting..might be good as another tool. But really I'm trying to look at it as not a big deal...no al for a while, end of story. I'm sure anyone lurking here is thinking 'just friggin do it already'!!!

Comment

Oh, and yeah you better hurry up...you don't wanna miss the warm up......

Comment

Angel. I think the 'no big deal' approach is a good one. That was my attitude, less pressure, no big fanfare to friends, family etc...just, the 'quiet achiever'. That gratitude vs. dep. stuff is great read isn't it?....i embrace that philosophy anyway. I couldn't last long dwelling on drinking!...instead, i dwell on life! My life.............Starting over has a link to a great U.K. doco on drinking. I haven't seen it, but pretty graphic. It follows a few drinkers around, and shows their stories. Apparently a good jolt to the system. Best wishes, and keep reading and gathering strength...........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Mr G,
              Its an excellent documentary called Rain in My Heart. You will find it on Youtube if you're interested. It certainly improves my resolve when I watch it!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yeah I watched that doco...I couldn't really relate to any of the people in it. And then I had a major bender the weekend after I saw it...it was like I viewed it as a target rather than a deterent...! I'm insane I know...I know it's helped heaps of people though.

What's everyone else up to?? Pan is clearly enjoying having Mr Pan back around the house...thinking of you Pan, I know your time in paradise is coming to an end soon...I hope your OK.

Comment

Morning all. Angel, Body Attack. Have seen it done, but as I'm 'coordination challenged' wouldn't even attempt lol!

Funny mood today, was awake during the night so maybe why. Feels a bit like a full moon vibe - suspect its just plain ol' pmt.

Am doing a short course this week on phonics and teaching children to read, looking forward to it.

Am soooo behind in my college reading so must get on,

Have a great day.

Bxx
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

morning all

I am feeling really positive today. Also had a great sleep. Also off to the gym to try and lose the 1.5kg that I managed to gain in 5 days last week, I am hoping that it is mostly fluid. I am doing pump and body combat this morning, or as long as my body will last. Good luck with Body Attack Angel, it is hard but you will feel better for doing it after.

I have also recognised one of my triggers lately is that if I am exposed to people who are worse than me, who don't think that they have a problem, I tend to put my own problem aside and think that at least I am not like them and can enjoy a drink. I am realising now that other people lives are nothing to do with mine and if I want to be completely sober than I should just do it and not look for excuses to drink elsewhere.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Comment

LOL - yes Attack was like being in a well lit nightclub...there was a lot of wooping going on and jumping around like a maniac...Betty I watched it a couple of weeks ago and it's taken me this long to gain the courage to do it!! Feel great now though.

Ezz - I'm like that too (someone's 'worse' than me therefore I go nuts)but I'm realising it's not my place to judge where someone else is at with their drinking - I agree with everything you said there actually. It's just an excuse for me too...

I gotta go do my taxes...oh the joy.
                      xo

Comment

Sweaty Betty;591968 wrote:

Am doing a short course this week on phonics and teaching children to read, looking forward to it.

Bxx
                        That sounds so rewarding...

Comment

Glad to enjoyed Body Attack, it is one program that I always encourage people to try. It burns so many calories. Our gym doesn't resemble a night club in any way, but we do have one or two people that like to whoop. We are lucky if our gym gets its floors cleaned once a month.

Comment

Hello all you beautiful people on the flip side! You all sound so energetic and determined. I'm on my second day NF, and actually about to chew the nails out of the walls! But, it's too late here to get any anyway, so today I'm safe. My poor body doesn't know what the #$*& I'm doing to it: No AL, No nicotine, No junk food, Yoga or walking each day! I hope is doesn't mount a revolution against me!
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I used to think the same thing (about not being as bad as others) but now I realize it is all part of the denial aspect of drinking – our brain rationalizes our own behavior so that we can justify keeping on doing it but as it is a progressive disease or affliction (or whatever you like to call it) it slowly but surely creeps up on you and before you know it you are the worst and others can take comfort in the fact that they are not as bad as you!

So it is great to see you guys determined to get control of your drinking while you still have people in your peer group that are worse that you and before you hit rock bottom.

I don’t think very many of us can personally identify with the alcoholics in Rain in my heart as many MWOers seem to be in the problem drinking category (wide as it is) rather than the late stage alcoholism category of the participants in that series – but it can serve as a warning of where we could very well end up if we don’t get to grips with it earlier while we have a chance.

The funny thing is that now that I have got control of my drinking the drinking habits of those around me (friends and family etc) now look a lot worse!
                              BH

Comment

Working...
                              X