Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 14th April

Thoughts and prayers are with sean.
    Hope everyone is having a great day, and hope those storms aren't too bad.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Hi, all. Can't stay, Hubs is here and WORKING in the yard! Can't let this get away! Will pray for Sean. Check on everyone later! Be good, or be careful.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Well the skies are finally starting to clear up now. I heard there were several tornado's just south of us. I see tree branches from our ancient live oak are laying all over the yard and a big one seems to have landed in the goldfish pond (hope my FISHES ARE OK ???)...I guess it is safe to venture outside and start to do some yard work. Oh well...April showers bring may flowers....or so they say.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Well, THAT burned out quick! Hubs has a (terminal) case of the man flu. Terminal because I have a loaded weapon. I'm going back out to work, just cleaned around my fig, gotta get my tomatoes and herbs going. Evie, my bro bought about 20+ acres up the road from me with an ancient oak, sort of a landmark on our road, and it's down now, sprawled all across his front property. I'm sick about it; old trees have a soul, to me, and I can't help but wonder what they've seen. This one was prob 150 yr/old. That's why I am not a friend of slash & burn contractors. The hit their getting from the economy seems like Karma.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Rubes, I understand your feelings about the old trees and the developers ...Sometimes karma works very very quickly !!! Just a block down from our Inn ...on the grounds of Howard Johnson motel (in front of the fountain of youth) stands "the Senator"(if you goggle them they may have his picture on their site). The Smithsonian institute did a core sample and said it is a Live Oak that is over 600 yrs old...It was alive when Pouce DE Leon set foot here in 1565...our Oakey isn't that old but he is 100s I am sure...I sit on my bedroom porch and talk to him most every night...he is one of my best friends...I LOVE TREES !!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

OK, Evie, now I'm sure we can be friends!
              sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Goodnight my beautifull ladies.
                Nos Da xx
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Nitey Nite Cy, sleep well my friend !!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Zenny, I have noticed that the downtown traffic is getting less and the trolleys are almost empty....No guests til Saturday,,,GOD ...I AM GETTING BORED ALREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Some days are just plain BORING !!! Not only are the tourist gone so business is almost non existing ....but the "Alien" aren't even back yet. I just checked "crop circle connector" and no circles have been reported yet this season...Last year our first circle was April 19th. They have been getting earlier and earlier each year...I wish they would hurry up already...the rape seed is in full bloom...What are they waiting for ( Christmas ) ??............LMAO

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

My knee is still swollen and is a pretty shade of purple...hurts like a Son of a #####...I should be house cleaning cause my daughter is stopping by with the kids this week end after they visit the space center...I just can't get motivated for some reason.
                        I have tons of gardening to do and the Inn needs remodeling but I am not in the mood for painting or planting.

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Fecal material!!! I just lost a long post!!!!! So cool to hear the daughter is coming by. Lot's of pics, Evie! I wish I was close by, I'd love to come in and look at what you want to change. No brag, just fact, I have some kind of internal 'bubble' that makes me have to have things 'even' in my eye. Make any sense to you, sweetie? I've done so many houses, and Hubs has had to move so many architechtural features, he could tell you COLORFUL stories!!! A friend a few weeks ago at the cabin said it was such a gift, and since I've seen her house, I guess it may be. Stay off that leg, sweetie!
                          sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Thanks for the kind offer Rubes. I can't do what I want to do because some guests are just to wild and crazy for my style of decorating. I want to add more antiques to the rooms but things get broken and linens get stained lace gets torn....etc. I need to be more practical I think. I used to have cabbage rose dishes for their breakfast and real silver...They got stolen or broken. I am gonna rethink the Inn and be more hotel like for next season...I am tired of some of the guests breaking the antique bed frames and ruining the linens breaking lamps etc etc.

Comment

Army Thread 14th April

Zenstyle;592468 wrote: Did they ever figure out what kind of bite it was? I'm thinking it's not the Brown Recluse after all because Pam's knee had her laid up for months. Sneaky bloody spider... I hope it dies a nasty horrible death. Sorry spider lover lurkers...

That's great that your daughter's coming over with the kids. I'm sure they won't be giving you the white glove test so to heck with the cleaning - you've been at it all winter. It'll be wonderful to catch up with her!
                              They wouldn't say what kind (they said 80% of FL. spiders are poisonous ) but I looked it up on the net and I think you are right. It is not healing and hurts like it just happened.
                              I am alittle nervous about seeing her...I don't care if the house is a mess (it's not bad) but she was nasty to me when I refused to go to her grandpas funeral and that is no way to restart a relationship. I have never met her new baby (3yrs old) or her new husband ???

Comment

Working...
                              X