Sober Summer and a New Plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first sober summer in several years. Since there are different triggers for me in the summer than the winter, I'm revising my sobriety plan to counter act these triggers. Here are things I've added;

I bought an mp3 player and have loaded it up with happy, upbeat songs. I intend to listen to music while doing my yard work instead of carring around a "bottomless glass" of AL.

I've dusted off my bicycle (which I haven't ridden in 3 yrs) and plan to ride it on the bike trail near my house. Hopefully several times a week.

I have several neglected flower beds which I intend to get looking good again.

Any other ideas or suggestions for an AF summer?
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Hey Lil! This sounds like a fantastic plan and good for you for planning ahead. Absolutely fantastic!

I am not sure where you live, but do you have farmers' markets you could go to? Walking around outdoors with flowers, fresh veggies and fresh fruit around is always inspiring to me.

Perhaps some volunteer work?

Just a couple of thoughts for you. Now you have inspired me to create my summer-time plan. Thanks!:l

Comment

sounds like a great plan lilmea.. heres to the summer
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thanks for this. I really need it.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X