100 days feeling good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 days feeling good

when i was drinking,i was absolutely selfish,i thought of myself first,last,and always.The universe revolved around me at the center.When i woke up in the morning with a hangover,my only thought was how terrible i felt and what could i do to make myself better and the only thing i could thing of was more drink,to quit was impossible,i coundent see beyond myself and my own need for more drink,i thought i had it good,i repeat thought,lovely girlfriend,job,friends,family,i lived in denial, then 104 days ago i went on another bender but this time i went lower than my usual low,that was friday by monday i had lost everything,i am not going into details its to embarssing.On that Tue i vowed i would not drink ever again,since then i go once a week to 1 2 1 councillors,group forum & i also came here,i am now much more clear headed,less angry,anxious, or feeling resentment and i have a much more feelgood factor about me that i never new i had,i look for all the positive things in life and there are many,i cycle & swim 6 days a week &eat healthy I was nearly 19st in feb,i am now st16.6 ibs,and learning the magic tricks of gratitude & acceptance and also slowly slowly repairing the damage done to my inner circle of friends & family,I wont forget the past but i wont live in it,forgetting is not forgiven,so i am still feeling good and going for my goals with both hands & now i no i will get there, so thanks to every body here for there help, i enjoy being part of this community it helps me a lot,:thanks:again

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

100 days feeling good

Mario! Thats a beautiful post!
    Well done on the 100 days, you have quietly been achieving so much! Your weight loss is damn impressive too.
    Well, its lovely to have you here and popping into the Army thread each day with a cheery comment, so heres to another 100 days and beyond!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

100 days feeling good

:goodjob:
      Good for you Mario. What a great post. Thanks so much for sharing.
      BH

Comment

100 days feeling good

mario
        that is really fantastic! i have followed your progress here as a fellow countryperson and I am so glad you have managed to stay on the wagon. It is a real inspiration to me truly and really!
        no time like the present

Comment

100 days feeling good

THATS AWESOME MARIO.. IT ONLY GETS BETTER and better
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

100 days feeling good

:yougo::yougo:Congratulations on 100 Days Sober Mario!!:yougo::yougo:

I can relate to all you say about the self centered world of alcohol, and how wonderful it feels to view the world around us in a different way. Your "freedom" is only beginning! Keep up the excellent work.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

100 days feeling good

Good Job Mario!!

Don

Comment

100 days feeling good

Congratulations Mario! Keep it up friend, and great to have you around!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

100 days feeling good

Oh, Mario! Isn't it wonderful to learn how important it is to be part of, not leader of, something. We become something more after we learn and participate, sober, but we can't do that under the influence because our thinking causes us to believe we have the answers. It's so nice to be able to listen, and participate quietly, and appreciate those around us. Kudos to you, sweetheart! You've reached a milestone!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

100 days feeling good

Mario
                    Great Job!!!

Comment

100 days feeling good

Congratulations Mario- :kudos:
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                      X