Non-Addicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Addicts

Phil, it sounds like you are covering some very important ground in your recovery. I'm sure a lot of this work is emotionally exhausting! I hope it's rewarding for you too. I too am working to find myself as a grown up.

Rock on!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Non-Addicts

Very nice oust hippie I'm happy for you. Thanks for sharing!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Non-Addicts

Hi Cindi,

I used to handle everything life threw at me without a drink - but it all changed in an instant! I guess you would call it a huge case of sudden depression, hopelessness, anxiety, etc. brought on by being handed a huge disappoint by my husband. In a flash, all of my hopes & dreams were flushed down the toilet, I was devastated. Until then, I was OK, hanging on by a thread but still had hope. Boy, once the hope is gone everything goes to hell. I picked up the wine bottle for comfort, to numb the emotional pain. I knew it was wrong, but, at the time I really didn't give a damn. Next thing I knew it was 10 years later and still numbing myself.

I grew entirely disgusted with myself back at Christmas. In January I started doing some serious reading and working on behavior modification programs. I was slowly decreasing my wine intake at the time when I found MWO in February. It took until the middle of March but I finally quit. I really needed to convince myself that I could do it. I told my husband of 35 years to go away for a while, let me heal in peace. He did go for 8 weeks and it was a blessing. Needless to say things are very different now but not in a bad way. I'm thrilled to be sober for the first time in 10 years and he finally understands what he did to allow things to get to this point. That's a big deal for me.

I am determined to never let another crisis put me back in the bottle again. I will do whatever it takes to remain calm & rational and make better decisions on how to handle amy problems.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X