Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I gave up and just ordered the Topa online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to get my doctor to prescribe the topa but she doesn't want to do it because of the possible cognitive side effects like mixing words and such. I'm a writer and she thinks that will hurt my writing. I say that's what a grammar checker and a proofreader are for. I can't really afford to get the topa online because I don't have a job right now and my credit cards are pretty much maxed. My hubby's insurance would pay for it if I could get a script for it. So I sucked it up and ordered it on the now maxed credit cards and behind the hubby's back. I suppose it's worse using the cards for booze behind his back but since this is a bigger chunk all at one time, he might flip. I only hope he can realize it's for his own good too.

I do want to thank all those on this site though who have contributed links to where they got their topa. I only hope it doesn't get stopped at the border. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like you need to find another doc. Once you see how well the topa works, nothing will stop you from finding a doc that will give you a script.

It is a little odd that you doc would be so concerned with such silly side effects. It took three docs and I finally found a psch. to prescribe.

Good luck, but just remember you have to have the will and desire to cut back/quit too. I took topa for a long time with minimal effects. It wasn't till I realized that I had to do some work that the med really kicked in.

Plus, please make sure you are doing all aspects of the program. I limped a long for quite a while on just the topa till I finally got my butt in gear and saw some results.

-Nina

Comment

Believe me....you WILL see results! gabby
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
      X